Gotta love morons

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 06:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotta love morons

I was reading a news article this morning, about the guy who shot a cop around here and fled. In it was a part about some numbnut on an ATV, read this:

A state trooper early Sunday fatally shot an ATV driver in the Sheridan area after police said the driver tried to flee police and dragged the trooper for a mile. The trooper was treated at an area hospital and released. Family members of the driver told a Buffalo TV station that he was mistaken for Phillips, but state police declined comment, saying the investigation continues.

Poor Trooper, that really had to be horrible for him, one of my best friends is a Trooper and the crap people do to them is amazing, and that ATV rider made all of us look absolutely horrible.

Old 06-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

Huh?? Can you re word that a lil', I'm sorta confused. ;confused:

Old 06-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ginnis
Huh?? Can you re word that a lil', I'm sorta confused. ;confused:
Yah...same here

Old 06-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

What about Dumass's??? Gotta love them to ya know. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Only MrsD has to love them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geez

Where did you hear the story? I've been following the story about the Bucky Phillips clown, but I had not heard about the ATV rider. I hope the talk about in on the my local Syracuse news tonight.

Is there a link to it anywhere on the net?

Old 06-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

I found this link here...

This is right near where my Wife's mother lives, Dunkirk is like 10 minutes from her house. I can't imagine what the heck happened here. Judging by the time of midnight, and the actions of the ATV rider, I wonder if he was drunk for something. Why else would you run? And did this moron not know he was dragging a person for a mile??? What an a-hole! Glad to see the Trooper is OK but this is a huge stain on ATV riders....again....

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=5076519&nav=4QcS

Old 06-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

This one keeps getting more strange.............

NY State Trooper Shoots Man On ATV

Brad Horton just turned 25-years old.
He and his wife Kelly were recently married.
And just Sunday morning this carpenter from Silver Creek, New York took the last ride of his life.
He was shot and killed by a New York State Trooper while riding an all-terrain vehicle in Chautauqua County.
"He was a scared kid," said his mother Gloria Horton, through tears. "He was not armed. He doesn't have a weapon, and he's dead."
Brad spent some of his final moments at a festival at the Willow Creek Winery, in Sheridan, New York.
"It's a big family time. And he borrowed a friend's ATV, doesn't even own one, and he took off through the fields," Gloria said. "And of course when he got onto the street, he shouldn't have been on the street. He didn't have a license and didn't have a helmet. He panicked."
State Troopers stopped Brad riding an ATV near the winery at 12:40 in the morning. Police said he sped away down Center Street, somehow dragging the trooper with him.
"It appeared that during that encounter the trooper discharged his weapon," said Major Michael Manning of the New York State Police. "The trooper was found by a passerby on Center Road. The ATV and the operator were located by a Chautauqau County Sheriff's Deputy in a field off West Sheridan Road."
Flares and tire marks are all that is left at the field on the corner of West Sheridan and Center Street in Sheridan. It is the site where police reports indicate Brad and his ATV landed after he was struck by deadly shots.
Police will not comment on why the trooper shot Brad several times, but it is one of many unanswered questions leaving friends and family devestated.
"Why anybody would shoot somebody for a traffic infraction comes to mind," Gloria said.
Brad's long-time friend, Nate Stevens, agrees, "Pretty sad, it will hurt a lot of people."
The investigation now spans two states. The case is in the hands of the Erie County Coroner since Brad was life-flighted to Hamot Medical Center early Sunday morning, where he was pronounced dead.
Family members aren't sure why the state trooper fired at Brad, but they do know the bullets cut short a life that was just getting started.
New York State Police, the Chautauqua County District Attorney and the Erie Coroner's Office are currently investigating the case to find out how the offer got dragged by the ATV and why he decided to fire those lethal shots.
jennifer.boresz@35wsee.com

http://www.35wsee.com/news2a.cfm?mor...news=fullstory

Old 06-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Trailblazer

He dragged that Trooper for a mile, frankly he deserved to get shot.

Old 06-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder

I'm at a lost for words..

Quick Reply: Gotta love morons