1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Electric start not working on 110cc

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 11:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric start not working on 110cc

Electric start does not work at all. Can jump it from the solenoid without issue. Ran fine, but after the quad sat for a few months, this issue arose when I came back to it

Old 08-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Trailblazer

When I've had this problem it was the fuse located near the battery. Possible safety switch such as teather or break.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'll check out the fuse. Is there anyway to bypass the brake safety to see if that is the issue?

Old 08-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

it is not advisable. that little switch on the left handlebar brake reservoir is easy to test and repair or replace. it's cheap too. check your brake fluid level too. DOT 4. also check your neutral switch if you have a shifter. if it's a cvt/auto, don't sweat the neutral switch,,,,obviously .

Old 08-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Range Rover

goldenarms,
If that doesn't fix it, then let us know and use more words to describe the problem, in a time line sort of way. As it is, I am GUESSING that the starter never has worked unless you jump it and I am also guessing the starter worked before it sat up and I am also guessing that it used to run fine but now it doesn't..

But if it is just the starter switch not working then let us know. Maybe it is just the starter switch, especially if it sat up outside in the weather. thinking maybe corroded contacts on the starter switch. .. change "thinking" to "guessing".

Old 08-16-2013, 02:16 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

One thing i found is that the handlebar controls are far from water tight. I had the same problem had to use a screw driver to jump the solenoid. So instead of screwing around with controls that are not water tight went to the local NAPA bought a water tight 30A push button switch and installed it across the solenoid contacts. works like a charm. plan is to remove the solenoid and just use the push button.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

The electric start did work last summer. When I went to start it up this year it didn't work. But I am able to jump it from the solenoid without issue. Apparently, the bike sat outside all winter and was subjected to the elements.

To give a little background, the quad is down at a family campsite that I only go to during the spring/summer. Last summer, I replaced the solenoid and ignition and had the quad running fine. Last August, the bearings in the the front hubs had worn out and needed replacement. I asked one of the family members who go down all year to remove one of the hubs and bring back to Canada with them so I could make sure I get the right replacement. After, they did this, they decided not to even so much as re-cover the quad with a tarp. When I cam back down in May, this what I came back to. Didn't bother putting too much effort into getting it running at the time as the quad belongs to my nephew who hadn't come down much this year.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:25 AM
Range Rover

goldenarms:

OK.. Jumping the solenoid with a wire or screwdriver IS just a primitive switch. Very primitive. It is not going to incorporate any safety devices. So knowing that trace and test the circuit,( wires), from the starter button on the handlebars down to the solenoid. If the starter button is good, that is to say it makes contact across the contacts right there at the button then follow the wires to the solenoid making sure they are connected and not cut or broken. You will come to a junction where other wire intersect but the wire from the starter button will continue on from there to the solenoid.

The "junction" is where the safety devices come into play and other things as well so you just can't cut them out. BUT understand the starter button is just a more convenient and sophisticated way to "jump it from the solenoid".... Sounds simple and easy but it is just that simple.

My bet is the contacts on the starter button OR broken wires at the starter button.

Let us know.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default help me too thanks

mine is doing the same thing but mine has new solenoid starter switch and coil crank fine now have to jump it off the solenoid fuse is good mine is a QH-250STW manual shift

Old 05-28-2014, 09:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bcl319
mine is doing the same thing but mine has new solenoid starter switch and coil crank fine now have to jump it off the solenoid fuse is good mine is a QH-250STW manual shift
did you check your neutral switch?

Quick Reply: Electric start not working on 110cc