Other Makes Kymco, Joyner, Kubota, Bobcat, Cub Cadet, John Deere, Huskvarna, Kazuma, etc

Hisun HS400 (Yard Sport YS400)

Old 04-26-2017, 09:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hisun HS400 (Yard Sport YS400)

Hi, I recently purchased a Yard Sport YS400 (Menards) 2012 or 2013 model. It only has 230.5 hours on it, and runs great. It has a shifting issue though where it will pop out of gear. I found that the shift cable at the shifter end is in rough shape. Stripped threads, and tough to get a good adjustment there. You can get it to tighten, but not in a location where it centers well with the shifter operation. The transmission side of the adjustment is fine, and I can adjust wherever I need, or want to. It seems though that without being able to properly adjust the upper, I cannot get things to work properly. It will either go into F too lightly, causing it to pop out of gear when accelerating, at the same time R is fine. Or, I can adjust to where it will stay in F, but R is impossible to engage as there is not enough throw at that point in the cable to engage it. This is a small, single cylinder engine with the transmission built into the rest of the engine. I tried a test used on the larger machines, having it in park with the trans side of the cable detached, moving the selector on the transmission into F, got on, released the parking brake and tried it. It popped out of gear quickly as if it were not fully engaged. When I checked the cable position in F to the location of the selector on the trans, it was actually not thrown as far as the cable would have pushed it. Put the cable back on, and it pushes it where it is in gear. I ordered a new cable (has not yet arrived) and I am hoping a new cable will resolve the problem. Otherwise I am fearing internal problems with shift forks of something. Anyone have a similar situation? Thank you

Old 10-22-2018, 10:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Same problem

I'm having exact same problem it seems, no matter the adjustment I have to hold it into gear and even then sometimes it still pops out of gear. We're you able to fix this?

Old 09-05-2021, 01:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Same issue

I have a 2011 HS400ATV and its doing the same. It kicks out of gear when I try and accelerate. Even if I’m hold the shifter forward with pressure on it. I’ve been trying to locate a shift drum assembly or even some shift forks for it, but haven’t had any luck. Seems impossible to find many parts for it. Has anyone had any luck on repairing theirs?

Old 11-25-2021, 12:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Just bought the same issue…

I just bought one of these (Yardsport 400), The owner said it needed a new cable. I have since headed in and found out that it is definitely something internal. Anybody have any more info? Even a replacement part?

Old 04-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Greetings: I have a 2012 Yardsport or Hisun 400 and had a fire in the engine compartment and am hoping that someone could send me some pictures of the engine compartment more specifally the fuel pump and fuel lines as I am having a difficult time with findings diagrams on the internet. The fire melted the fuel lines and some electrical lines.

Thanks in advance Marc