General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Yamaha blaster.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 08:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha blaster.

My kick starter does not engage to start the motor. The spring works . I replaced the inner gear. And the shaft that the kicker goes on ? Still doesn't work. Any ideas thanks

Old 04-30-2017, 01:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Doesn't engage as in stuck or it just won't turn the motor over? If it's stuck and the spring is fine, the piston could be seized. Start with checking the compression first if you can actually get the kick starter down

Old 05-01-2017, 10:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default KIck start prob.

No this motor is rebuilt , runs great , the kick start simply does not grab the inner gear to crank. springs good , new inner gear and changed the kick start shaft w/ the spring return. I know some one else had been in the motor and as I changed that inner gear, thinking back , I put it on like it came off . I think it may be on backwards. The angled side of that gear is facing out. Thanks though if you know any thing about it let me know.