General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Polaris scrambler 2x4 carb

Old 05-21-2017, 02:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris scrambler 2x4 carb

Is this a normal carb look or is that why I'm running lean??? Got gas in my oil and idk why

Old 05-21-2017, 03:44 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Gas in the oil,definite carb problem. Clean this mess up with Simple Green or suitable spray engine cleaner and rebuild the carb. Plenty of Shindy carbs kits for your model..Shindy Products, Inc. - ATV Replacement Parts

Old 05-22-2017, 01:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Quick question before I head off to Polaris

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Gas in the oil,definite carb problem. Clean this mess up with Simple Green or suitable spray engine cleaner and rebuild the carb. Plenty of Shindy carbs kits for your model..Shindy Products, Inc. - ATV Replacement Parts
gonna head out to Polaris in the morning over this running lean, heard it can lock my engine up. Or just blow it up, would they carry a rebuild kit for that carb? Or would they have to order it? It's far drive for me don't wanna make 2 trips and thank you so much on all your advice the world needs more people like you out here, you are spending time out of your day to solve everyone else's problems. Got me a universal bushing kit for it also and bolted right up I'll show you a pic tomorrow to see what you think. Also underneath my carbs a black hose with a screw I touch it it idles higher than less, would that be a lean issue??? Gonna rebuild carb either way just wanting some knowledge to this kinda stuff. Honestly would love building these up for a living!

Old 05-22-2017, 09:03 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Dealer won't have rebuild kits. They sell carb parts piece by piece. The price of the oem needle and seat alone is usually more than the price of a good complete kit.Here's an example.You don't say what year model,but with the cable idle adjuster it's a Bst40 carb.New Shindy Carb Repair Kit Polaris 500 Scrambler 4x4 03-05 500 Sportsman 03-410 | eBay Plus several videos on youtube on cv carb rebuilds that can help. Also here's one similar to yours carb that shows how to adjust the float level also.http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347184

Old 05-23-2017, 03:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Dealer won't have rebuild kits. They sell carb parts piece by piece. The price of the oem needle and seat alone is usually more than the price of a good complete kit.Here's an example.You don't say what year model,but with the cable idle adjuster it's a Bst40 carb.New Shindy Carb Repair Kit Polaris 500 Scrambler 4x4 03-05 500 Sportsman 03-410 eBay Plus several videos on youtube on cv carb rebuilds that can help. Also here's one similar to yours carb that shows how to adjust the float level also.The BST-40 Bible | Adventure Rider
it's a 2001 and do I have to do a rebuild on the carb or could I just clean mine super well and clean the jets with a skinny copper wire

Old 05-23-2017, 07:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Tech

could I possibly get the stuff to rebuild it at a autozone or o Reilly's hate ordering online and doing the card thing, also what do you recommend on stuff to clean the carb gonna get some carb cleaner spray or whatever you recommend worked best for you on these polaris carbs

Old 05-23-2017, 12:58 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

At least replace the needle and seat which it and correct float level are important. Ethanol fuel eats away at the rubber needle tips over the years,the seat o-ring along with normal wear on the brass seat itself that can cause flooding problems.Cleaning a carb doesn't always work and then you'd have to pull it back off a second time to do it right. Simple cheap carb cleaner from any auto supply and compressed air will usually work ok. Just make sure all orifices are clean and open and jets are clean enough that you can see through them if you don't get the kit. Again float level setting is important on this carb also.

Attached Thumbnails Polaris scrambler 2x4 carb-2471649347_b2a1a773d6.jpg  

Search this Thread