Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King quad plastics

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 03:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King quad plastics

So my kq 300 plastics are completely trashed cracked stitches etc..

Any one know if spray can bedliner works as paint at this point I have nothing to lose let me know if it has worked and what prep you used and primer

Can anyone also recommend any putty stuff to spread over the stitches before I paint

I've tried spray paint before lasted about 2 days and I could literally wipe it off so not going that route again
​​​​​​and on a side note anyone ever make mud flaps homemade before ? If so what kind of plastic did you use and what to cut it with .. Thanks

Old 05-24-2017, 02:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Never known any paint that will stick to the soft plastic that most Quads use. The 300 is a model that gets scrapped regularly, so a trawl of the on-line quad breakers may be worthwhile. We used to make mud flaps from quarry conveyor belting (rubber/fabric sandwich), it is a pig to cut, hacksaw, craft knife, and sweat.

Just another thought, that vinyl "camo-wrap" stuff does work, and hides a multitude of botched repairs.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:06 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by merryman
Never known any paint that will stick to the soft plastic that most Quads use. The 300 is a model that gets scrapped regularly, so a trawl of the on-line quad breakers may be worthwhile. We used to make mud flaps from quarry conveyor belting (rubber/fabric sandwich), it is a pig to cut, hacksaw, craft knife, and sweat.

Just another thought, that vinyl "camo-wrap" stuff does work, and hides a multitude of botched repairs.
Thanks for the info do you know any places I can find the vinyl camo ?

Old 05-24-2017, 02:32 PM
Trailblazer

Is I been calling all day and every one wants like 4-700 dollars for fenders lol I like my kq but not that much

I found camp wrap on eBay for 60$ but its only 6 ft by 24 inch so I guess I'll have to go that route thanks for the help