Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

No power with key on, nothing KQ 750 2014

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 02:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power with key on, nothing KQ 750 2014

Hi
I have issue with my kq, few days ago after 2h ride i stopped, and after few min tried to start engine, and when i pushed starter button everyting turned off, and stopped reacting on switching power key. I towed quad back to garage and using wires started it using other accumulator with no issues. The battery seems to be full because charger stopped charging it after 20 sec. Today i rided couple of hours with old acc and starded an stopped engine like 30 times with no issues.
I remember some weeks ago there was some issue three times on separate occasions when i pushed starter button screen resetted, but still had power so i could press starter again and start engine.

Im often riding alone and i dont want to be surprised in wild forest where im not even sure where exactly i am, and would be hard to explain someone how to find me
any ideas? Fuses under seat seems to be ok

Old 05-26-2017, 02:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Bad battery connections, this includes the earths. Take them off, clean and re-fit. The Suzuki solenoid contains the main 30amp fuse, and the fuse box part can corrode cutting power to the ignition circuit. Also those Suzuki ignition switches can fail, but wiggling the key or turning on and off, will usually restore power for a while.