i messed up with the 2stroke oil and gas help!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 03:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i messed up with the 2stroke oil and gas help!!!!!!!

okay so we have these 2 new quads at our house (used when we bought them) but one is bigger and i now know is suppose to use straight gasand the other one uses mixed gas but it mixes itsself so it has a tank for the 2 stroke oil and a tank for the regular gas. stupid me didnt know that for either one so i mixed the 2stroke oil straight with the gas and then put it in bothquads the bigger one was running just fine it seams where the smaller one that mixes its self starts and idles but dies when you start giving it gas pushing the throttle. it doesnt have gears or reverse. help!!! what is going to happen to the quads and how do i fix them??????

Old 06-20-2017, 03:40 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

4 strokes can handle mixed gas,most will just smoke a while until you puts some straight gas in. I'd drain the gas tank and open the float bowl drain on the little one and try some fresh gas. May take a little bit but it should start to clear up and run ok. If it doesn't you may have to clean the jets.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:19 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After you drain the gas you can use it in another 2-stroke engine if you have anything with one. If not and you don't want to throw away the gas you can put it in your car. When it mixes with a tank full or regular gas your car won't know the difference.