Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Bleed screw broke what to do now!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 05:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bleed screw broke what to do now!!!

As per title i accidentally broke the bleed screw for the antifreeze. okay now heres what happened and why i need u guys help. okay so my dad tried to get the left over part of the screw out right but he is always in a haste/hurry and what he ended up doing was pushing the 1/8"-1/4" broken part of the screw in instead of getting it out. so my question is what do i do now will it hurt anything if i run the machine with out taking that broken piece out (which i havent)if i cant run the machine with it in there how do i go about getting it out. i was thinking right as im eating dinner, maybe i could take the hose off of the out port which is right next to where the bleeed screw goes and run the atv and will it spit it out. any suggestions are welcomed. i really dont want to have to take the head off or the entire jug.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
RUBEN

Old 06-27-2017, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

Any chance that you can remove a lower radiator hose and get it out? As long as it can't get to the water pump. If it gets to the water pump, think it will whipe that out. GL

Old 06-27-2017, 05:50 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Clamp off and remove the return hose at the head and try an air gun in the bleed hole. The piece should blow out.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:50 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Clamp off and remove the return hose at the head and try an air gun in the bleed hole. The piece should blow out.
Okay thats what i was saying OPT remove the hose that sits just to the right of the bleed hole(return hose) if you are standing at the atvs right side. i was saying to turn on the atv and let the pump force it out. so you are saying just to use a blow gun and try to blow it out? Okay thanks I will give that a try.
Thanks
Ruben

Old 06-27-2017, 07:52 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by hydrex
Any chance that you can remove a lower radiator hose and get it out? As long as it can't get to the water pump. If it gets to the water pump, think it will whipe that out. GL
I dont think it will make it to the pump since it is right before the return(radiator) hose. if anything i think it will get caught up in the radiator somewhere and restrict water flow before it ever makes to the pump.
THANKS
RUBEN

Old 06-28-2017, 11:18 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 95scramblerruben1033
i was saying to turn on the atv and let the pump force it out.
Don't know if the pump force alone would be strong enough,but a strong blast of air should blow it out.

Old 06-28-2017, 05:43 PM
Range Rover

Okay i will let you know what happens as soon as i try it, right now i am waiting on my new screw to come in.
THANKS
RUBEN

Old 07-18-2017, 06:18 PM
Range Rover

okay well got it all up and runnning.thanks OPT.
RUBEN