General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

My Second Trail Ride Georgia Pass

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 08:25 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My Second Trail Ride Georgia Pass

I just got back from my second trail ride. What a great experience here in Colorado. My Arctic Cat friends and one of their friends loaded up and drove about 90 minutes from my place. This trail was in the Pike National Forest near the little town of Jefferson, Colorado. It was an "Jeep" trail meaning we share the trail with on highway vehicles. Here is a little photo log:

I got to ride with a 87 Honda Fourtrax 350. A vintage ATV for sure:

We saw mountain goats along the trail. Looks like I caught one of them at a bad time. Embarrassing.

We could see the Breckenridge Ski area after we crossed Georgia Pass. There are a lot of ATV trails in this area.

We took a lunch break at the Wapiti Mine Company office ruins. My friends say the old building collapsed last winter. The snow can get 10' deep here in the winter. It wouldn't be a great place to spend the winter, but people did.

Last but not least, we met another family out on the trail. They were riding everything from side by sides to dirt bikes. All together there were 5 Arctic Cats there. Herding cats. They take a family vacation in this area and ride everyday for a week. We had a wonderful chit-chat about ATVs and all that we had seen. You meet the nicest people on an ATV.

My second trail ride was a great as my first. I can't wait until the next opportunity.

David

Old 07-18-2017, 09:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice pics and great views.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome pictures and cool "old school" ATV.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

It's amazing how therapeutic a good ride is. Great pics.

Old 07-19-2017, 05:30 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pics, thank you for sharing them!

Old 07-19-2017, 08:38 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad you folks enjoyed my little trail ride summary. It's quite exciting for me to explore the off highway trails here in Colorado, and there are a bunch of them. It is therapeutic to get out on the ATV, it is therapeutic to enjoy the mountain scenes and wildflower bloom, and enjoy a day of companionship with friends and family.

Maybe we need a subcategory in ATV Connection titled something like "My Trail Ride" or some such thing. We don't have a good place to put these trail ride type posts. And heck, trail riding is the main reason we purchased these ATVs unless you can ride on the roads in your locale. I know many of them might be stuck in the mud shots. But others might like to post some comments and pictures of there back country ride, or overnight camping, or deer hunt, etc. I'm using General Chat which doesn't seem quite right. "Where to Ride" isn't right either. It's fun to share experiences with each other.

David