General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

90cc fourstroke (kids quad, pink) ignition issue. wont crank over.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90cc fourstroke (kids quad, pink) ignition issue. wont crank over.

90cc fourstoke, newer, pink, good batt, checked the fuze. wont crank over unless i bypass the starter button, doesnt have spark when i do, so no power to starter or ignition circut. new cdi module no change. not familiar w the wire colors so not sure whats what. some profession tips on this would be greatly appreciated. there is a very hoppfull little girl counting on me to fix this. Thank you very much.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who makes it? If the motor cranks and you have no spark I'd trace the wires leaving the stator and see where they go as they may run to the starter switch on the bars. If there is a fault in that switch then perhaps no power is getting to the CDI. In all honesty, a ohms/voltage meter is about to become your best friend.

You need to follow the juice from the stator to the plug and test along the way to find where the issue is. Test the stator first to ensure it's creating voltage. When trace where that's going and ensure voltage is leaving that connection and so on.

If all the safety's are closed and the stator is producing voltage, you should have spark at the plug providing all other electrical components are functioning properly.

Basically, no easy answer here, just patience and testing...

Old 08-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zabortnick
90cc fourstoke, newer, pink, good batt, checked the fuze. wont crank over unless i bypass the starter button, doesnt have spark when i do, so no power to starter or ignition circut. new cdi module no change. not familiar w the wire colors so not sure whats what. some profession tips on this would be greatly appreciated. there is a very hoppfull little girl counting on me to fix this. Thank you very much.
what ever it is it is something electrical, use a multi-meter and see if there is any power going to the starter button, if there is no power then you may need to replace it.

Also it very well could be the coil, if your engine is not getting spark that is the first thing to check.