Kids Quads & Other ATV's - Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Chinese made ATV. mywifesquad, LT80, LynnEdwards and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

Manco Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 08:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Manco Wiring

I am starting a new thread in hopes that the answers will help others, because I couldn't find this in other threads. 2003 Manco 90 ignition switch was missing. It was a six wire unit. So I used a standard chinese atv four wire replacement to get it running. Only thing was that Taiwan uses black for ground and Chinese use green. I didn't hook up the yellow with red stripe Y/R to anything and I can't find what it was supposed to go to through the ignition switch? The atv starts fine but wouldn't charge, so I put a new stator on it and still no charge. This has me wondering is that wire part of the charge circuit or is the rectifier fried?

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
manco wiring.pdf (180.7 KB, 61 views)
Old 07-22-2017, 02:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

The Y/R wire comes direct from the alternator and feeds both rectifier and choke so is part of the charging circuit. Problem is, that diagram doesn't show how the switch is wired internally, so connecting it to other wires could cause trouble. Are you sure you can't get the proper 6 wire switch. I had trouble getting a 3 wire switch for a Liafan, ended up with one from a 660 Yam, identical except for the plug onto the loom.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer

I have searched several places. I'll continue to look. It seems my rectifier is bad. I have 18v AC going in and only reading battery voltage on the red coming out. Unless that Y/R is in the charge circuit.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:33 PM
Trailblazer

Does anyone have a better wiring diagram for the Manco/Adly 90 available?