2) Chassis problems.. If your quad runs but you have other problems.. post in here.

how to put pads in rear caliper

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 02:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to put pads in rear caliper

I cant seem to get the pad that goes against the piston in any help, video would be best, thanks.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

You have to press the piston back into the caliper. There are lots of different designs of caliper, so if the problem isn't the piston too far out, a picture of the type of caliper would help.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by merryman
You have to press the piston back into the caliper. There are lots of different designs of caliper, so if the problem isn't the piston too far out, a picture of the type of caliper would help.
yeah the piston is all the way in. The problem i'm having is getting the pad on the piston side to go in the shim, it doesnt want to go in not enough room. If i persuade it in with force, it will not slide properly. not sure how to load pics and i used to use photobucket but was told that want a fee now? heres a link to the caliper where i bought it.

Small Brake Calliper / Caliper - China Parts Depot.com - Chinese parts for ATVs, dirt bikes, pit bikes, dune buggies, scooters and more!

Old 07-28-2017, 02:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

I must confess that type is one I don't fit often, but check that the old pad has the same sized metal backing as the new one. Sometimes the pad makers don't get it quite right, and you have to file a tiny amount off the backing to get it to fit. If I remember rightly, the black part of the caliper can be slid off the gold, so try that, and check how your new pad fits in the black part on it's own.