Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2in Lift Kit for 2004 Sportsman 700

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 12:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2in Lift Kit for 2004 Sportsman 700

Got a 2in lift kit for my ride. Do I need longer shocks, a-arms, cv axles etc? Also installed an aftermarket Comet clutch claiming 25% better performance. Does this call for carb rejetting? And I want to install an afterket exhaust so may end up rejetting anyway. Its starting to get colder up here in Tununak Alaska now so winter riding is here. Any comments and help appreciated.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:34 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Stress is mainly on the cv joints and boots because of extreme angles from lift kits. Stock jetting is 152.5 main,45 pilot jet.Colder the weather the leaner the jetting requirements in most cases. All depends on aftermarket items installed,plus plug chopping is the most important thing. Plug needs to be a tan to medium brown color. You can look at this list to give you an idea as to the kit they offer or individual jets that you think you may need.https://www.jetsrus.com/a_jet_kit_at..._2002-2006.htm

Old 09-23-2017, 04:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2" lift won't require any mods to your suspension, axles, or shocks. As for jetting, Polaris had them a bit on the rich side to start if I remember correctly. It will take some trial and error to get it right especially depending on weather, altitude, and mods...