Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What years are interchangeable as far as plow mounts?

Old 09-27-2017, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What years are interchangeable as far as plow mounts?

Looking to find out what years use the same plow mount as the 2017 570? If like to search for a used set up on craigslist first. Tons of 2005-2010 used plow set ups on there but I can't find specific info on when they changed frames etc.
installing a winch next week and then a plow.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:18 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It depends on which plow mount you're talking about. Polaris has one they say fits all of the 550s, 570s, and 850s from 2010 up to 2018. https://atv.polaris.com/en-us/shop/a...plows/2879630/

Old 09-28-2017, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

Just looked up that plow set up and that's way out of the budget lol. Im not picky at all when it comes to atv plows lol. I've had several of the push tube set ups and a couple of the quick attach plows. Really looking at the cheapest option. I'll buy the plow and frame on craigslist but the mane concern is what mounts will fit from other years whether it's a front mount or middle mount

Old 09-28-2017, 12:38 PM
Moto Psycho

You'll have to look up each plow mount at the manufacturers' websites to see what they say. Some won't be updated for the last model year or 2 but will probably fit if they fit the other year 570s.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

Save up, the Polaris Glacier Plow system is second to none. The plow hooks on to the frame mount mid and front, which giver superior strength when plowing. They connect/disconnect easy and fast.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Moto Psycho

I like my Glacier plow much better than the CMP mid-mount I used to have. With the old plow I had to lay on the ground to put the pin in one side while using my feet to move the plow back and forth to get the holes to line up. Then I had to do the same thing on the other side. When I wanted to go for a winter ride I was laying down on the ground again to unhook it. With my first generation Glacier plow I may or may not kneel down for a quick peek to make sure the back of it is in place. Or I just winch it up and I'll know soon enough without getting down on the ground. I never have to take the mount off when I ride since it barely reduces the clearance, unlike my old mount I had to take off every spring and put back on before winter.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I like my Glacier plow much better than the CMP mid-mount I used to have. With the old plow I had to lay on the ground to put the pin in one side while using my feet to move the plow back and forth to get the holes to line up. Then I had to do the same thing on the other side. When I wanted to go for a winter ride I was laying down on the ground again to unhook it. With my first generation Glacier plow I may or may not kneel down for a quick peek to make sure the back of it is in place. Or I just winch it up and I'll know soon enough without getting down on the ground. I never have to take the mount off when I ride since it barely reduces the clearance, unlike my old mount I had to take off every spring and put back on before winter.
If your mount is like mine, maybe 1/4" is all it hangs down.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

Does anyone know if the Harbor Freight pipe winch Mount will work on the Sportsman 570 or is KFI the only one that will work?

Old 10-05-2017, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I have the "Pile Driver" plow and quick attach mount, not cheap but the most heavy duty plow I have seen and the plow attaches/unattaches in seconds. They make a variety of mounts for different machines but their quality is second to none.

Old 10-05-2017, 10:56 PM
Moto Psycho

I never heard of the Pile Driver plow but when I looked it up all I see are plows for Skid-Steers, Backhoes, and Wheel Loaders, and the smallest one is 8' wide. Where are their ATV plows? WESTERNŽ PILE DRIVER? Pusher Plow | Western Products

Search this Thread