Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

My Arctic Cat 650v2 was flipped and will not start since.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Arctic Cat 650v2 was flipped and will not start since.

Neighbor kid flipped my Arctic cat. It immediately had no lights, nor does the engine click or make any noise when trying to start. Any suggestions where to look?

Old 12-13-2017, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Hope the neighbor kid is OK, just be glad the bike was all that was damaged or you would be sitting in court with a liability lawsuit. Allowing others the use of your machine comes with a really big responsibility that you will find the hard way, if somebody gets hurt !! As for your bike, it sounds like a cable mabey from the battery came disconnected. Also your battery might be damaged from the roll over, what ever you have no power so a thorough go thru of your machine is in order. There is a loose wire somewhere but check the battery power first as that is the easiest. If Battery is good start hunting for poor connections or a faulty kill switch.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe there is a switch that has to be reset after a roll over. Check your owners manual. Might be a youtube video as well.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I rolled my Brute Force 650(same engine) a few months ago and it died when but when I put it back on all fours, it started right back up. Mine was at very slow speed and it only was laid on its side so not really flipped. Something probably got knocked loose somewhere like the wiring to the killswitch or ignition. It could be as simple as a loose or broken connection to the battery.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:15 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

their is a rollover switch up around the brake light area

Old 12-18-2017, 01:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I just had my carbs worked on and got it back recently. Rode it some this weekend and it still runs like crap. I'm about to get rid of it. I always thought the dual carb setup would eventually be a problem and its just annoying at this point. At least it does start and run but its cutting out at full throttle and losing power. I think I'm probably just going to trade it in on something with efi and be done with atv carbs forever. The kind of riding I do I could use something a little smaller and more nimble. Saw a 2011 Arctic Cat 450 XC for sale at my local dealer for a decent price, might check that out this week 2011 Arctic Cat® 450 450 XC 9BK6V0003T | ATVs and More. The 450cc Kymco efi single would be plenty of power in the smaller chassis. I have owned both a Wolverine 450 and Polaris Scrambler before, I do like the smaller, sportier 4x4 machines. I don't use my atv to do any work, though I would probably add a small rear rack to haul a cooler, that's all I need. I'd get my irs back, the solid rear axle while sporty, in rough stuff is a bit of a harsh ride. The only thing I would lose is top end speed but I don't really need or use that very much anyway. The 450 will still do 50-55 mph, that's fast enough.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:21 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

i have a 2014 500 basically same machine as your looking at.. Great little machine may be low on power but the lighter machine more that makes up for it. People are amazed on what i can do with that machine

Old 12-20-2017, 12:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, sorry there are no pics in the link I posted. The 450 XC is the version that looks similar to the Can-Am Renegade with the sport plastic and no racks. I think there is an accessory rear rack aftermarket available for it, a tiny one like the Renegade and Scrambler 500 aftermarket but big enough for a cooler which is all I would use it for anyway. I've spent several hundred on the carbs already on my Brute Force and I think the only way to get it run properly is actually replace them, which will cost over a grand. The 450 won't have the top end the Brute Force has but I seldom go that fast anyway. Low and mid range is good with the 450 efi and that's where you need the power for trail riding anyway. If it gives good performance on a utv, I would think a much smaller and lighter atv would feel pretty peppy with that engine. Power is pretty similar to what the older 500cc carb single that Polaris had in the Scrambler, which I was quite impressed with.