Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

New and interested from massachusetrs

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 12:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New and interested from massachusetrs

Hi all,

my name is Nick, and im from Massachusetts looking to get into this hobby with my girlfriend. We just bought our first house and after we moved in, we realized there was an enormous trail network right beyond our backyard!! We want to try ATVing and see if we like it. Id like to get one that can seat two in case it turns out to be something we arent interested in (although i really doubt that will happen). I know there are passenger seats you can buy for some models. We were checking out the kawasaki brute force 300 as a possible option...can a passenger seat be put on this one? If not, any suggestions for a two seater capable atv at this price point? I would be willing to search used if thats my only option. Just looking to keep it under 5k. Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

Old 02-20-2018, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

You might be able to find a used Polaris Sportsman Touring, or Sportsman X2. Can-Am has the Outlander Max. Arctic Cat also has a two person quad. Don't know the name. I wouldn't recommend a single rider quad and a seat on the rear rack. Puts too much weight behind the rear axle making uphill climbs dangerous. It can be done but I don't care for it personally.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Or perhaps 2 smaller used atvs like Honda Recons. They do come in an electric shift version(ES) that is almost as easy to operate as a fully auto machine. It has push buttons on the left handlebar to upshift or downshift with. This gives you some idea of what they look like and cost https://semo.craigslist.org/snw/d/20...479964311.html You can probably find 2 of them used for about the same price or less than one new Brute Force 300, which costs about $4000. If you decide you both dont want to ride, you can always just sell one or both of them.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:44 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:18 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums!

Old 02-21-2018, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Nmoore6
Hi all,

my name is Nick, and im from Massachusetts looking to get into this hobby with my girlfriend. We just bought our first house and after we moved in, we realized there was an enormous trail network right beyond our backyard!! We want to try ATVing and see if we like it. Id like to get one that can seat two in case it turns out to be something we arent interested in (although i really doubt that will happen). I know there are passenger seats you can buy for some models. We were checking out the kawasaki brute force 300 as a possible option...can a passenger seat be put on this one? If not, any suggestions for a two seater capable atv at this price point? I would be willing to search used if thats my only option. Just looking to keep it under 5k. Any help is much appreciated, thank you!
You might want to check local law as many states do not allow 2 up riding on a machine made for one! You might want to consider a side x side as they are capable of the extra weight, easier to steer and a more comfortable ride. Resale is also greater. We made the switch from 2 atv to one utv and have been very happy with that decision!

Last edited by Kymco 450i; 02-21-2018 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Wrong button