Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2004 Eiger case

Old 02-22-2018, 12:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Eiger case

So my starter went out(only used once) anyway took out bolts and found the nose had broke and was stuck in the case. I managed to get most of it out but the bearing and a one inch piece fell towards the starter gear. I believe they fell down the case seeing how i cant feel them or get with magnet. I am wanting to know if there is anything i need be carefull with when pulling case apart (springs etc.). I dont have a manual currently, but im pretty sure i can handle this task just dont want surprises!!Thank You in advance for any assistance.
Rodney

Old 02-23-2018, 03:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

If it is a manual gearbox Eiger, boy are you in for surprises. When you take the alternator case off, you get a shower of gears and washers drop out, with no indication of where they came from. On the auto, there are less parts in there, and they usually stay put when you remove the cover.

I don't think any of the tricky gears do fall out, but Suzuki make oilways that have to line up, on shafts and gears, so check any gear, or hub, with an oil hole is lined up with the hole in the shaft, when putting gears back.

Failing a shop manual, a copy of the exploded view parts book page for the right year, can be made from the on-line parts books.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

merryman,
thank you for the info! Lucky me its an auto!! main reason i asked is the manual on line doesnt tell you to watch for this or that!! I appreciate your assistance.
Rodney