Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

06 Vinson Quad Runner 500 Manual Transmission W/ lock-out high and low

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 11:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Vinson Quad Runner 500 Manual Transmission W/ lock-out high and low

Where would i find the serial number on this ATV? Also, how many numbers are supposed to be there? I need the VIN number because i need to order a new OEM carburetor. The original one is damaged beyond repair. This bike shows 4 different carburetors. I know i have the original, but i doesn't show this carburetor. The carburetor number is 03GJ. Can anyone confirm this? Or does anyone know where i can get a new carburetor for this bike?

Old 07-18-2018, 04:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Update: located the VIN number and a new carburetor, but it is a little over $500, which is a bit pricey. I was wondering if there was any other thing beside the petcock and float that would make the gas fill the filter box. I have an after market petcock. The original was vacuum-controlled and i keep it off when the bike is not running but the air box still gets gas in it. I've checked the float height and it is currently set at 17 thousandths.

Any other suggestions than just forking over $500 and buying a new carburetor and petcock.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Have you tried a new float needle, it is usually a sticking plunger or weak spring inside the needle that causes the problem. Unless you have dirt in the tank, which gets onto the rubber part of the needle and jams it open. Clean it off and more dirt will come down and jam it again. I am not a lover of removing the vacuum tap, it does turn the fuel off when you stop, so easy to forget if you just have the on/off type. I note that All ***** rebuild kits contain the seat and needle, may be worth fitting these, (forget the rest of the kit). Also fitting an in line filter, this should have covered everything, unless your float has a hole in it.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, you were right. It was stuck needle. I think i will go back to the vacuum operated petcock. I took the carburetor apart and i'm gonna clean it up and put a kit back in it. The float bowl was pretty dirty. What do you think about the aftermarket vacuum operated petcocks? I found one on eBay for $29.00 and it comes with two feet of fuel line and a filter. Or would you buy the original petcock, which is $130.00

Where is a good place to get a good high-grade carburetor kit? The only ones i have seen are packaged with just the jets and the needle valve. I'm wanting a kit that has everything i need, plus the specs. I have the float setting at 17 thousandths, and i hope that's right. It would be nice to get some specs on a carburetor kit when you're rebuilding it.

Have any ideas?

Thanks for your help, Merryman!

Old 07-23-2018, 02:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

I just looked on eBay and noticed that All ***** kits seem to have the needle and seat, but if you know it was the needle, you will probably be OK with just the needle. Crossed swords several times with OPT on here about not fitting a whole kit, my argument is if the rest of the carb is OK leave it alone, as it is all to easy to miss an O Ring or something when fitting a kit, and no absolute guarantee the jets etc in the kit are "right". I have fitted Chinese replacement vacuum taps to LT80s, the writing was all wrong for Run, Pri, Res and needed a longer fuel pipe, but they worked fine once you work out how the tap should be set. For more expensive bikes, they may have got it right.