General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Cheapest ATV insurance?

Old 09-22-2018, 11:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheapest ATV insurance?

I got a 2001 warrior 350 up and running recently, but lack alot of options for riding, so I am planning on going to an atv park soon. Problem is, I need insurance. I am wondering if anyone knows a very cheap option. I understand that quotes are different per person, but I mean in general. Geico quoted 100 for a year. I'd prefer less if possible to be honest. Just needs to be a legit company and be cheap, I'm not planning on being the next Evil Knevil on an atv.

If anyone has suggestions and experience to share it'd be greatly appreciated 😁

Old 09-22-2018, 11:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by XTwarrior
I got a 2001 warrior 350 up and running recently, but lack alot of options for riding, so I am planning on going to an atv park soon. Problem is, I need insurance. I am wondering if anyone knows a very cheap option. I understand that quotes are different per person, but I mean in general. Geico quoted 100 for a year. I'd prefer less if possible to be honest. Just needs to be a legit company and be cheap, I'm not planning on being the next Evil Knevil on an atv.

If anyone has suggestions and experience to share it'd be greatly appreciated 😁

Actually scratch this post, 99 seems to be the state minimum for a year, so it can't get cheaper. This is for Pennsylvania.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:08 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks. I didn't know any state set a minimum you have to pay for insurance. This thread will give you an idea what some of us are paying.

https://atvconnection.com/forums/sto...-you-have.html

Old 05-30-2019, 07:01 PM
Trailblazer

State Farm wasn't bad for Michigan for my 2004 Raptor 660r

Old 05-31-2019, 09:18 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

thats cheap in canada i pay just shy over 200 if i remember correctly. I insure the machine for fire and theft and then i have to have a 2 mil policy to ride forest service roads and such

Old 05-31-2019, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Keep in mind that cheap could really mean cheep when it comes time to make a claim. When states require a min coverage, that meas amount of liability not cost. Every company has a set charge for a certain amount of coverage. Here in Ohio that cost is about 75 per yr for minium coverage. I have almost 10k invested in my SxS, if anything were to happen to it I want to be covered. I also have a good clean background which helps lower cost a lot. Just like car insurance you going to pay for what you ride and how good your history is.

Old 06-02-2019, 07:54 PM
THE BERMINATOR

12 days ago I totaled out my ATV. Progressive gave me exactly what NADA said it was worth, plus the prices for accessories the guy found when he looked them up. The accessories were worth 60% of the value of my ATV and were covered 100%. Since I couldn't use my Glacier plow on a new ATV, the salvage driver took that too and I got paid for the plow and mount. All I had was a $250 deductible for collision. I'm still waiting on my new ATV that's coming in this week, but I already have it insured and my premium went up $64.64. The base price is 177% higher than what my '08 500 was worth, $8,899 vs. $3,215, so I knew it was going up. Saturday I got a check in the mail for $4,894.38, almost half the price of my loaded Sportsman 570 SP.

Old 06-02-2019, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

What happened that totaled out your atv? Had mine stolen back some years back but when the thief met up with my friend that I call magnum, the atv was returned and he went to prison for 15yrs. Never had a claim for it.

Old 06-04-2019, 11:55 PM
THE BERMINATOR

Let's just say, my ATV was so fast it could go from 0-60 in TREE seconds!
The frame got bent and it was a total loss. But it was fun while it lasted.

Old 06-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Frank
Let's just say, my ATV was so fast it could go from 0-60 in TREE seconds!
The frame got bent and it was a total loss. But it was fun while it lasted.

That sucks Frank, hopefully you didn't get hurt seriously.
What machine did you end up getting?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cheapest ATV insurance?