3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Will a 150cc full wiring harness work with 110cc?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 09:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will a 150cc full wiring harness work with 110cc?

On ebay and amazon, I see full wiring harness kits that have everything including the multifunctional handlebar switch.

My atv is a panther 110cc....however it has turn signals and a handle bar controls with turn signals. All of the 110cc wiring harnesses on ebay and amazon have the more simple handlebar controls without the turn signal controls. The harness sold for the 150cc has the handlebar controls I need.

Would the 150cc wiring harness work for the 110cc panther? What are the differences if any?

Old 10-30-2018, 04:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

There are hundreds of ways to wire a bike up. Those "universal kits" are for one way of doing it, if the makers of your machine chose a totally different set up, it makes fitting a kit difficult. Something as simple as the starter solenoid for example, some are wired with live from ignition to start button, some have the start button on the earth wire. If you have one way and the new system is the other, the whole set up will need changing. Gearchange indicators, brake and neutral lockouts, all are different on different bikes, not to mention some have AC CDIs and some DC, there is no chance of an AC system working on a DC bike.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

I get that there is different kits for diff setups. But I need to grab a complete kit as a lot of the wiring on my Panther 110 is damaged. So.... I'm going to shoot from the hip, buy a whole kit and replace everything.

With that said, is the CDI, Coil, etc in a 150cc universal kit any different than the ones in a 110cc universal kit? Thats all I really need to know. If it is, I'll but the universal kit for the 110cc and try to salvage my old handlebar controls.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Did you ever buy that 150cc harness for your Panther? I have a Panther HD2 110cc and

I have a panther hd2 110cc and i thought i was buying the harness from a legitimate company and it turned out that shopatvpartsonline is a bogus company never received the harness for my sons panther hd2,did that 150cc worked for your panther?

Old 06-24-2019, 04:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

How badly is your harness messed up that you can't just repair it, there aren't very many wires in these things. Honestly it depends on your skill level if you do want to replace the whole harness. For some who are good at soldering a different connector is not an issue at all, take the old one and first see if you can just slide the pins out and into the old connector, if not than just solder the wires from the old connector to the new harness, or but the different component to fit that harness. The electrical systems on these things is honestly one of the most simple out of anything you will ever work on, there really isn't much to them at all.