Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Don't ride alone!! Very unsafe! Read here

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Don't ride alone!! Very unsafe! Read here

So many things can go wrong, while out riding, even when with others, when getting away from the group! Try to always ride with at least one other person! If your over 50 and ride alone let me know, I'll try to go with you. I know the trails pretty good, up north, around St Helen, Mi. or I'll try to try areas of the state your more accustom to. I know its too cold now, but spring will be here before you can blink an eye lol
I can ride with the slowest dude in the pack, to WOT! Get in touch before season starts for more inf. Thanks, Steve

Old 01-16-2019, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I'd take you up on it but driving to Michigan from NH to go ride for a day is too long. Hope you get some takers. Have had many great rides with folks I met online.

Old 01-16-2019, 04:51 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found out I can't turn my ATV right side up if it tips over, even if I'm not hurt. And I certainly couldn't do it when I cracked my ribs. That alone is good enough reason for me to always ride with someone.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:39 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Have had many great rides with folks I met online.
Me too.

If I didn't ride by myself I'd never go for a ride I know its not always the smartest thing to do but I do it anyway.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Same here I ride frequently by myself but never far from civilization. If I couldnt walk to help then that is to far.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yeah!! you can ride right from your house and ride around in you little one horse town there, but not many of us have that privilege! lol I'd go to jail if I tried getting that relaxed riding in the city here!

Old 01-17-2019, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

Utah is very OHV friendly. I can ride from my front door to 16 other towns.

Old 01-17-2019, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you ever get to Maine, look me up! I'm very careful riding alone and always carry a cell phone. My Arctic Cat Diesel weighs just a hair under 1,000 lbs. Don't see me crawling out from under that!

Old 01-17-2019, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Another reason for the SxS, full role cage, when I am alone I never take chances. When up north n the UP last year, the wife and I made some solo trips on closeby trails and into town, but probably never exceeded 20 mph. When we rode with the group they went thru the woods at 30-40 mph...crazy...never knowing what was around the next corner! We then decided we were safer on our own. In my neighborhood it is mostly paved roads so can get boring, around the block is about 4 miles but it beats sitting in the barn making motor sounds and pretending!

Old 01-17-2019, 02:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Im down here in southern Illinois. Like the others have said, if I were closer I'd probably come up there. I do ride alone quite often myself. Worst thing that has ever happened to this point is that I got stuck. Though the place where I got stuck was a popular riding area and someone was around to help me out. So I wasn't technically alone. That area isn't rode as often now as the owners of the land have leased some of it out for hunting and aren't as open about people just going out there to ride. I know what area they don't want you in but it has soured many people on coming there anymore. Still probably at least 100 acres of trails and roads to ride on. There are a few riding parks in the area too. While I still go there alone, at least I know there will be other people there. I still try not to take unnecessary chances.

Quick Reply: Don't ride alone!! Very unsafe! Read here