Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

200 cc sports atv is it worth it? pictures included.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 05:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 200 cc sports atv is it worth it? pictures included.

Hi.
I'm looking to buy new atv which is by far double the size of my atv, However it is chinese and there is no brand name atv dealers in place i'm living.
The atv engine (as said by the dealer) is GY6 200 cc which is bigger then my previous which is 125 cc CDI engine, It comes with automatic transmission like most chinese atvs but with kickstarter unlike mine.
it looks much better made and that engine looks very nice.

I know chinese atvs are usually pain i dealt with the first so i know they have a lot of issues, So i already saved extra money for future repairs.

The price tag for it is 1700$ which i bet it can go down to 1500$ which is good enough for me.
However there is red atv that sits at 1900$ which can be lowered at 1700$
Now i'm thinking of buying one of these, also there is red one which has bigger wheels but same engine.

Which one you think i should upgrade to?
The yellow is the one i most likely to buy, But red one looks extra pretty.

Here is the pictures.

slightly higher/bigger wheels

Old 03-17-2019, 10:33 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Personally i would go with the red one. Looks to have more ground clearance, alum rims will make it slightly lighter, Looks to have a better gauge setup, hard to tell from pics but looks to be wider better stability, Lights are spread apart so a bit better at night... Iv had a few imports for my little one and have had 0 issues i would not hesitate to buy a bigger one for myself
Some more info would be helpfull as far as make?

Old 03-18-2019, 03:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Personally I wouldn't entertain buying a new Chinese bike over about 100cc. The problem with almost all is zero spares back up and poor build quality. Whilst anyone who can wield a spanner can make up for the loose nuts and failed parts due to incorrect machining, where do you get those parts from? I bet if you asked the person selling those machines for a new front steering ball joint they wouldn't be able to supply one. Don't know US prices but I guess that you could find a very tidy used Honda Recon, Yamaha Timberwoolf, Suzuki Ozark or Kawasaki 250 for that sort of money.

Old 03-18-2019, 03:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Zrock
Personally i would go with the red one. Looks to have more ground clearance, alum rims will make it slightly lighter, Looks to have a better gauge setup, hard to tell from pics but looks to be wider better stability, Lights are spread apart so a bit better at night... Iv had a few imports for my little one and have had 0 issues i would not hesitate to buy a bigger one for myself
Some more info would be helpfull as far as make?
They are actually same size just as you said, more ground clearance, the gauge setup on red one is same as my current atv which is good.
I don't have much info but can you be specific in what you need?
Also i've seen this one on online store (the red atv)
The same atv but without the gauge and different rims, As far as i know they have all info on it.
https://www.extrememotorsales.com/xc...-quad-big.html

Old 03-18-2019, 03:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by merryman
Personally I wouldn't entertain buying a new Chinese bike over about 100cc. The problem with almost all is zero spares back up and poor build quality. Whilst anyone who can wield a spanner can make up for the loose nuts and failed parts due to incorrect machining, where do you get those parts from? I bet if you asked the person selling those machines for a new front steering ball joint they wouldn't be able to supply one. Don't know US prices but I guess that you could find a very tidy used Honda Recon, Yamaha Timberwoolf, Suzuki Ozark or Kawasaki 250 for that sort of money.
Well, the thing is there is no brand name atvs in my country there is only suspicious raptor 700 brand new yet sits at 3000$

About spare parts, They are pretty much everywhere, There is around 5-7 atv dealers which all sell chinese atvs, they have rims, wheels, and other atv stuff.
My current atv uses the same parts the normal motorcycles use, so finding it parts was easy, only trouble when i somehow lost my brake pads and had to buy new one after 3 days.

I would've went to raptor 700 but getting this thing spare parts would be nightmare, since the dealer himself doesn't have most spare parts, Which probably why he is selling it at that cheap price.

i would be more then happy to get brand names, specially yamaha raptor 700R and can am renegade 1000 xmr my two favourite atvs.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Rather than walk away, I would RUN away...your just throwing your money away. These forums are full of people that thought they could get repair parts...now they are crying as there machinejust sits there not working!

Old 03-19-2019, 04:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Sorry, when you quoted $ prices I assumed you were in the US. If there isn't much in the way of used stuff in Iraq you will have to buy that sort of machine, but find one with a spares back up in your country, or like Kymco450i wrote, you will have a machine you can't use when some small part breaks.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:49 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by iraq22306
They are actually same size just as you said, more ground clearance, the gauge setup on red one is same as my current atv which is good.
I don't have much info but can you be specific in what you need?
Also i've seen this one on online store (the red atv)
The same atv but without the gauge and different rims, As far as i know they have all info on it.
https://www.extrememotorsales.com/xc...-quad-big.html
Same size machine but i would bet the red one has a wide front end by looking at the pics..

What most people do not think about on these import machines is they outsell brand names by at least 5-1 so ya you are going to see more issues. I can go to any name brand forum and see just as many issues with them as well.. Like i said i have owned 2 went over both units and tightened everything and do regular maint and have yet to have a failure. Im actually looking at getting a CF moto for myself at some point. That machine has been giving the big names a run for their money...

Old 03-20-2019, 03:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I spend my working life fixing failed quads, and hate it when any Chinese machine turns up. Why, because getting whatever small part it needs is going to be a nightmare. doesn't matter if they are more or less reliable than a Honda, if you can't get the parts you are stuffed. Last one that required fixing, sheared king pin, no name ATV, stub axle/king pin unlike any other, had to machine a new one drill through the hub (it was part of the hub) and fix it with a high tensile bolt through both king pin and hub, took a lot of time and won't be as strong as it should be. At the moment have a Quadzilla in, faulty ignition. Good spares back up with that, as there is one proper supplier in the UK and their website has been down for the past fortnight, so can't see the part numbers to order the right part.