1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Rubber Carbi Mount

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 03:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubber Carbi Mount

Hi There.
My ATV is hard to start and does not idle very well.
I don’t know exactly what it is but the theory is it is some kind of Honda Clone around 250cc
details of that search is here https://atvconnection.com/forums/sho...errerid=171427

I’m reluctant to pull the carbi until I find some parts. There is a rubber thing between the carbi and the engine and that has cracks in it. I don’t know if this is leaking air into the engine but I suspect it is and if I try and pull it apart it may fall into pieces. How can I figure out what this is and where to find one.

i see lots clone carbi’s on Ebay but none of them have this rubber manifold if I can call it that.

Any info on this funny bit would be appreciated.
let me know if you need more details. Sorry this pic is a bit average bit it’s hard to get a clear picture of it.
Thannks
David

Old 04-19-2019, 09:33 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Most atv/dirtbikes have a rubber carb boot like that lots of different variations and some do use a solid mount.. You will have to pull it off so you can get some mesuments when you order a new one. They are all over ebay and amazon for cheap just search for you engine size and you should hit it

Old 04-20-2019, 06:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Standard procedure is to spray WD or other oil onto the rubber with the engine running, if the engine note changes it is sucking air through the cracks. However I would be tempted to run some masking tape round the manifold, which should also seal any cracks and the "bodge" may last for years.

Old 04-20-2019, 10:31 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

taping is just a bandaid.. Just remember that is the tape lets go in a section it can let dust through that opening and eventually take out the engine

Old 04-22-2019, 06:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All good advice. I did find them on eBay. Just hard searching when I don’t really know what the engine is.
ill pull it off and take some measurements. I doubt it will survive removal very well.
so bodging it up with tape isn’t something I’ll try although I didn’t think of that.

i also see whole carbies relatively cheap on ebay. What kind of success do people have with those?
i wonder if it will be easier than trying to clean mine out or are the new ones often total rubbish?