General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

tire dressing

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire dressing

What's a good long lasting tire dressing?

I used to use this stuff called Wipe New - Tires but it's since been discontinued. There was a process. First you soaped and scrub cleaned the tire, then let dry. Then you don a 3M chemical filter cartridge mask, because no joke this stuff was noxious, then you applied just a teeny bit to the provided sponge and applied to the tire. Go around doing all 4 then then come back and do it again.

The black lasted for a good long while...couple months before you had to do it again.

Is there anything like this still out there on the market?

Old 05-29-2019, 10:42 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Wow thats just to much work. I just use a good quality tire foam and not the stuff that turns the tires shinny. It lasts for a few months with regular washings and keeps the tires looking clean. With work my truck sees a bit of mud and when washing it i just hit it with my tire brush and they are good to go again.

Old 05-29-2019, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I just use the spray on tire shine, be sure to clean them real good b4 first apolication. After that they clean easy then just a quick re-spray about once a week.

Old 06-02-2019, 03:28 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the input yall. Yeah it was some work to use that wipe new stuff but it seemed to penetrated the tire well and lasted a long time. Cost wise it probably performed better than the spray on stuff. I've gotten other advice that something called 303 works well.

Old 06-02-2019, 08:08 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just wait for it to rain. That's as clean and shiny as my tires get.

Old 06-03-2019, 06:13 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Not sure I'd bother with tire shine. I'll be dipping the tires in mud and water anyway.

Old 06-03-2019, 04:22 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah I wouldn't bother shining my grizz tires. this questions is mostly about my DD road vehicle. Anybody know something about this 303 Aerospace product I've been hearing about. What exactly is it and how is it used in auto care?

Old 06-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

It is a coating/protectant for vinyl upholstery and cushions. Works well on many plastics. Uv protection, used alot in marine industry.

Old 06-04-2019, 06:41 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by bradleyheathhays
Yeah I wouldn't bother shining my grizz tires. this questions is mostly about my DD road vehicle. Anybody know something about this 303 Aerospace product I've been hearing about. What exactly is it and how is it used in auto care?
Don't know about their automotive stuff, but I just used their marine waterproofing on our new patio furniture and the shelter I keep the motorcycle in. Only been a week, but the stuff works great.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

I just use the spray on tire dressing cause it is so quick and easy, also use it on the plastics. Makes the utv look great and much easier to wash the crud off. Spray underside and the mud comes off much easier! Just read the label...for tires and plastic body parts...cheap and easy!!

Quick Reply: tire dressing