1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Ground issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 10:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ground issue

I have a TAO TAO 150 , Runs but skips when running, Noticed when running that a spark is created between bottom motor mount and bracket. So I am guessing I have a bad ground somewhere and its throwing it to the engine but not sure where to start looking .

Old 06-14-2019, 11:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I don't know your machine but I don't understand that you can see a spark there. I would expect it to be tight against mount and bracket.
All motors need to be grounded.
Tighten that up (if applicable), also you can look for a disconnected/broken ground wire.
I add a extra wire from frame to motor.
Hope that helps.

Old 06-25-2019, 02:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110cc grounds,getting hot

I just got a Chinese quad,not sure the exact brand but I just got new battery well soon as I,out the ground wire,to,the neg,on battery it sparks pretty good then,when,I hook it up n trybstarting it it will hesitate then it will turn,over but the ground wire gets hot where,it almost melts even,the pos,wire where the fuse,is,looks,like the plastic that the fuse,sits in,melted,a,lil bit and one,the left,side where I guess the wire into the motor well,when I got the battery I hooked,it up ran to store to get gas after it turned over and when,I cane back the left,side of motor was,hot as hell I did,get quad to start its not getting gas but there's 2 pos red wire's and,one,skinny *** ground,wire so,I'm,not,sure what issue is with wireing,I did fine,a,wire unhooked,I hookes,it,up n,that's when it started