Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

99' scrambler 400 2 stroke

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 09:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99' scrambler 400 2 stroke

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and pretty much any type of site or posting, so if I make a mistake posting, please forgive me. The problem I'm having is vacuum hose routing and understanding the oil injection system . 1. I have 4 - 1/8" clear that I found where 2 connect to on the carb,but I have to more and do not know where they go, 2. I don't understand how the oil injection system works, or where the oil comes into the carb at.I see the fuel line coming in, but no hose supplying oil to the carb.. It starts okay, but smokes blue smoke in the whole area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm having a hard time finding a manual for this machine as well.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:23 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Blue smoke is a sign of too much oil. Since there's not a line from the oil reservoir, I'd say whoever had it before you is using premix gas. Also sounds like it's got too much oil, thus the blue smoke. Not sure if they used a proper kit or not, so you may look into getting one if they didn't.

You can get a factory service manual on ebay. Getting a download is cheaper than the paper copy. Make sure it's the service manual and not the safety and maintenance manual.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thank you for replying back.

Originally Posted by scootergptx
Welcome to the forums.

Blue smoke is a sign of too much oil. Since there's not a line from the oil reservoir, I'd say whoever had it before you is using premix gas. Also sounds like it's got too much oil, thus the blue smoke. Not sure if they used a proper kit or not, so you may look into getting one if they didn't.

You can get a factory service manual on ebay. Getting a download is cheaper than the paper copy. Make sure it's the service manual and not the safety and maintenance manual.
I just added polaris 2 stroke oil ti the reservoir, oil is filling the new clear tube im installing, flows down to the oil pump housing and is kind-of filling that, which the dealer said it should to lubricate the drive gear, etc., not sure about that. Now tonight, im going to see if its flowing to the engine block via the banjo fitting on the side of the engine, before i start it. I was told by one guy in the parts dept at the dealer to use premix when starting and running the engine while verifying that the oil is flowing/pumping to the engine. If you can answer this question and is the oil pump housing supposed to be filled or partially with the blue 2 strome oil that would be great. Again, thank you very much for your help.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Ty

Thank you again scootergptx!