Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Wildfire 110 timing off?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 11:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wildfire 110 timing off?

Hello everyone. I picked up a Wildfire 110 quad the other day. It ran 'decent'. I noticed it was leaking chain case oil so I took the cover off and re sealed. However, when it was off my daughtor turned the circle cam 'thing' that the stator surrounds inside the case (I'm not sure what it's called, but it has timing marks on it. After I put the cover back on it hardly runs at all so I'm assuming the timing is off now. Thoughts?

Old 07-23-2019, 03:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Not sure you can disturb the timing unless you take the chain off. However, peace of mind, there should be an inspection hole that you can take the screw out of and look down on the side of the flywheel. Move crank round until the timing mark is in the middle of the hole, then remove the cover plate on the side of the cylinder head (long through bolt.) The timing mark on the sprocket should be horizontal, either against the "index mark" or 180 degrees from it. There should be lots of U-tube videos about this for those Honda Cub clone engines.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by merryman
Not sure you can disturb the timing unless you take the chain off. However, peace of mind, there should be an inspection hole that you can take the screw out of and look down on the side of the flywheel. Move crank round until the timing mark is in the middle of the hole, then remove the cover plate on the side of the cylinder head (long through bolt.) The timing mark on the sprocket should be horizontal, either against the "index mark" or 180 degrees from it. There should be lots of U-tube videos about this for those Honda Cub clone engines.

Thanks for the reply I'll check it out. Yeah I never took the chain off, so it's wierd it ran before and not now.... :/