Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Wiring issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 12:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring issue

Ok so I picked up this 110 leopard with no cdi the other day, ordered the harness, cdi, regulator, stator kit from amazon and tried installing it. For the most part everything hooks up clean, but there are a few plugs not hooked up and I can not figure it out.

First big issue is when I put in the new stator, there is another plug coming from a sensor in the back of the motor just after the stator cover. The plug is five or six wires but on the old harness only two pins were used. I think it’s is maybe a crank sensor??? Either way there is nothing to plug it into on the new harness.

Second, from the starter solenoid there is a plug with red/yellow and green/yellow I believe but the two pin plug on harness doesn’t color match.

Third, there is a plug with red/yellow and green wires that runs up to the kill switch plug but has nothing to plug into towards the back.

Now, when I hook everything up key on and brakes applied, it doesn’t do anything. If I touch a screw driver a crossed the solenoid it turns over but won’t with start switch.

I have have found tons of wiring diagrams but nothing matching my scenario. Does anyone have any idea what I have to do? I have never been this lost before, I’m usually pretty good at figuring stuff out through YouTube and googling, but this has me stressed. Please any help would be great, thank you so much

Old 10-02-2019, 03:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 342 Likes on 333 Posts

Does the bike have gears? If so the extra plug from the engine will probably a gear indicator, The green/yellow and red/yellow from solenoid, the red/yellow is normally to positive wire, green/yellow to negative. Won't that plug into the one you mention in your third point? Particularly if that kill switch unit contains the start button.

Old 10-02-2019, 09:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Duh

Wow, I feel stupid!! That’s most likely exactly what it is. I was so aggravated with this wiring harness last night I let it consume me to the point of overwhelming confusion. Thank you. Today is a new day, fresh and ready to trace every single wire to figure this out. These aftermarket harnesses do not come correct, even looking at the plugs you can see a red wire going to brown green to blue, just gotta sort it all out, thanks again

Old 10-02-2019, 09:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Please help

I have wired this thing so many times and get nothing!! This is what I have so far that I know is right ( sorry for the crude drawing) anyone that can fill in the blanks would be greatly appreciated.

This is the part I was talking about earlier

Old 10-03-2019, 02:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Generic wiring harnesses are made to "fit" the dozens of different makes of ATV which use that type of engine. Not all Chinese Quad makers use the same wiring colours, though they tend to follow Honda, so the generic harness isn't always going to have the same colours as the one on your bike. That is one reason I am wary of them. If you are good enough at wiring to wire one up, you are good enough to fix the existing loom, so don't need it. Only good point is you get all new parts.

Old 06-25-2024, 02:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Help what the hell are the wires coming out behind the stater wires

Originally Posted by Robert Hartwell
Ok so I picked up this 110 leopard with no cdi the other day, ordered the harness, cdi, regulator, stator kit from amazon and tried installing it. For the most part everything hooks up clean, but there are a few plugs not hooked up and I can not figure it out.

First big issue is when I put in the new stator, there is another plug coming from a sensor in the back of the motor just after the stator cover. The plug is five or six wires but on the old harness only two pins were used. I think it’s is maybe a crank sensor??? Either way there is nothing to plug it into on the new harness.

Second, from the starter solenoid there is a plug with red/yellow and green/yellow I believe but the two pin plug on harness doesn’t color match.

Third, there is a plug with red/yellow and green wires that runs up to the kill switch plug but has nothing to plug into towards the back.

Now, when I hook everything up key on and brakes applied, it doesn’t do anything. If I touch a screw driver a crossed the solenoid it turns over but won’t with start switch.

I have have found tons of wiring diagrams but nothing matching my scenario. Does anyone have any idea what I have to do? I have never been this lost before, I’m usually pretty good at figuring stuff out through YouTube and googling, but this has me stressed. Please any help would be great, thank you so much
I'm having the same issues with the wires behind the stator wires. I have an empty plug and not sure what to do with it after purchasing a complete wiring harness

Old 06-26-2024, 02:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Are you referring to the gear selector switch, which is what I think is shown in the photograph?

Old 06-26-2024, 06:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by jaycole152
I'm having the same issues with the wires behind the stator wires. I have an empty plug and not sure what to do with it after purchasing a complete wiring harness
I believe so. It's the second set of wires coming out of the stator box that doesn't go to the stator goes to the little black round Peace held in with one screw and a thin metal bracket going across the top of it to hold it in. I have everything hooked up but that just wondering if that would be a reason why I'm not getting any spark or if that needs to be plugged into anything

Old 06-27-2024, 02:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider

If it is a gear position switch then no, it won't affect the spark. Do the "help diagnose stator" tests on blue/white and black/red (if fitted) wires from stator.