ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Sport Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/sport-quads/)
-   -   Banshee Verse Raptor Stock For Stock (https://atvconnection.com/forums/sport-quads/100114-banshee-verse-raptor-stock-stock.html)

YamahaRiderOnly 05-15-2003 12:14 AM

Banshee Verse Raptor Stock For Stock

What is the Better Quad for Dunes, Trails, Straight Up Drag Racing Stock Verse Stock and also what gets out of the Hole faster and what Gets to the Finish Line Faster and Top Speeds for Both Quads Please tell me your anwers because there are so many people out there That say the Banshee is way Better and I want to know cause Im going to get the Better out of the 2 and I will be doing Dune,Trail,Drag Racing only stock

looking4speed 05-15-2003 08:18 PM

On the dunes I havent been beaten by a stock banshee yet on my stock raptor.

StockRappy 05-16-2003 08:40 AM

yeah a 350cc displacement 2 storke going 77mph....almost

ChubbyNug 05-18-2003 12:03 AM

The day I got my raptor I raced my friends 2 week old banshee and beat him by 4-5 quad lengths and he is more experienced than I am... Go for the raptor!! But overall both quads can be modified to hell and back... Later!!

NuG

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

bigslim78 05-21-2003 03:26 PM

raptor no doubt for the dunes and trail riding. perhaps the banshee for drag but not if you are going to stay stock. staying stock go for the raptor, plus there is the question of maintenance. do you want to be working on your 2-stroke between rides? hell no, i would never buy a banshee. i smoked a few banshees my first time riding my stock ds 650 which is comparable stock to the raptor. whatever you do, don't buy the banshee

DunePilot858 05-21-2003 04:40 PM

What kind of riding are you mostly going to be doing? If you ride mostly dunes and drag while there get a Banshee. If you trail ride get a raptor as the reverse will make life easier. I have dragged many a raptor in the dunes and only the most highly modified ones can beat my piped Banshee. I used to race my Banshee when it was stock against friends piped and filtered raptors and they couldn't win. Try side hilling on a raptor and you will know that a Banshee is a better choice as you won't feel like your going to roll. I would rather get a Polaris Predator if you wanted a 4 stroke. Don't believe all the BS the 4 stroke guys talk about 2 smokes needing work between each ride. I know of plenty of 2 smokes that require less attention than 4 strokes and if/when something does blow up a 2 stroke is 10 times easier to rebuild.

Bubba297 05-22-2003 04:20 PM

Very well put Dunepilot. I couldnt agree more.

RaptorRider660R 05-22-2003 04:29 PM

Went on a ride last weekend down in Virginia, 20 guys from all over, KFX's, 400EX's, C-dales, Predators, DS650, 310R, 250R, 4X4's and 1 banshee, Can you guess the first one to break down? 5 minutes into the very first ride. The did get it running, had to take the carbs off drain them, then change the plugs. He did last the whole rest of the day riding! Pictures are over at E X R I D E R S 4Punks get together.

Nocando