Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

im thinkin about a sport quad........ hehe

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im thinkin about a sport quad........ hehe

Im a experienced rider as far as doing donuts, little to medium sized jumps, mud, and going fast. i like to play around. im thinking about racing though. i was wondering what kind i should get. im not sure what the classes are acording to cc's and stuff. i was thinking of one of the following: predator 500, kfx 400, kfx700(da boss), z400, banshee, raptor. these are all fast machines (and big). i have a 250 right now. which one do you think i should get for an intermidiate rider that is starting to race, but mostly rides for pleassure and fun. also is there any rookie classes around north texas and the panhandle that anyone knows about?. money is an issue as far as the cheaper the better in an atv, but i think i can finance a kfx 700. (6,500$$$) but would have no money to upgrade. thanks for your help!!!

Old 06-09-2003, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Wait a month or so and get the new yamaha450 it is race ready and is under the 440cc limit. If you don't get this quad you may regret anything else you buy but it's a first year model do I don't know how reliable it will be. Check out all the topics on it just to see how everybody is reacting to it. Go to yamaha.com and check it out. Some of the threads on this forum have shortcuts to some pictures and specs and things of this new yamaha. The z400 and kfx are good bikes also as are the others you mentioned.

Old 06-11-2003, 12:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

anyone else ??? thanks i looked at it but its a bit expeensive for a 450...............

Old 06-11-2003, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

That's true it is expensive but it's probably going to be the baddest bike you can buy stock. If you want something older , a proven racer and if you like two-strokes then you can get an old 250r honda fairly cheap. Also older banshee's are not priced to bad. The honda 400ex's are priced to sale right now and the older ones, say a couple of years old should be selling dirt cheap. My z400 cost 5200 new and it has plenty of power.

Old 06-11-2003, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

Oh, you are paying for the 450 motor but all the other stuff is what puts this bike over the top in power and also in price. I'd say to get my z400 to just the stock yamaha450 would take quite a bit more than the extra dollars you'll pay for the yami. I know what you mean it's hard unless you're really well off to pay almost 7000 bucks for a more or less a toy. That's what I call em there a toy that can kill ya but that's pretty much what we get them for is to play with.

Old 06-11-2003, 04:40 AM
Range Rover

Im in love with my kfx400, nice all around quad!

Old 06-12-2003, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

a kfx/zuki 400 seems like the quad that would fit u the best.

Old 06-12-2003, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

ya i would say a z400 2

Old 06-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Well seeing how you are coming off of a 250 I would go with the KFX/Z. Great quads for the price and have wonderful power, they also have a great deal of potential. I wouldnt go with the YZF seeing how it is a first year model and it may have a few problems. The V-Force is also a very awesome quad and is very easy to operate. Seeing how you want the best bang for your buck then i would go with the KFX or Z. If you want the power then go with a KFX700 V-Force. Go to your dealers and try to test drive all of the quads that you are thinking of or a least thinking of, that helps more than anything.

Old 06-12-2003, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

What race did you say you were going to enter? if you enter mx races you might want to go with the 250r, predator, z, and maybe even the banshee, mine jumps excellent on the track with pipes , sportyrox was with me at the mx track.now the kfx is pretty good on the track but is a little heavy for the jumps.if you race gncc the kfx would be good at it maybe better than the banshee,ive seen gncc races on huevos3 and a banshee did real well , but that was when the kfx wasnt around.the 250r and the predator would be great on the track too as well as gncc races

Quick Reply: im thinkin about a sport quad........ hehe