Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Just bought used Warrior, good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought used Warrior, good or bad?

Just bought a '96 Warrior in mint condition. Fellow Warrior owners: Give me your input on how you like your machines.

Old 06-11-2003, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

I own a rappy and 2 warriors, They are AWSOME!! they are tanks that will never break. They may be lacking power//suspension when compared to the upper sport bike classes, but they are still alot of fun! Put a slip on pipe, K&N filter, and rejet it - 400 bucks MAX. Then you will have a good deal of power with the warrior. It is good for trails and I love them in the desert. I sometimes would rather use my warrior in the trails than my rappy, since it is modded and kind of has a tweaked powerband.

Old 06-11-2003, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider

We bought our's new in 92. All we have ever had to do to it is a new battery every couple of years. Old reliable......

Old 06-11-2003, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Warriors are built to last.

Old 06-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

They are reliable but are really in need of some more power or a makeover or something like that. Though they are very nice quads I would just like better suspension and power.

Old 06-11-2003, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

I have Warrior and a Raptor too.

And after riding the Raptor, the Warrior has some short comings. Like Warrior has much less suspension travel, and on desert trail rides, I really like having all that suspension travel to "soak up the bumps". I can live with lesser power of the 350, but after the Raptor, the legs on the Warrior seem so much shorter because the Warriors Tranny gear ratio seems so much closer. The Raptor rides like my big thumper dirt bike, and has really long legs, and combined with the suspension, the Warrior's shine pales. But I found that kids like riding the more managable Warrior, a lot! A couple weeks ago in Nevada, my buddies kids wouldn't ride the Raptor a second time, but would ride the crap out of that Warrior....go figure...The only other thing that really stands out between the Raptor and the Warrior is the seat hieght is a lot lower on the Warrior.

But that old Warrior will go anywhere, be pretty good on gas, not be much trouble, and besides, if your going to loan out your spare quad, are you going to loan out a Raptor, or a Warrior?

Yepp! the Warrior will stay for a while longer.

Old 06-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had one for years! Thought it was OK, before I knew better. I think Yamaha should discontinue this way outdated old model. It's better than nothing though.

Old 06-11-2003, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

I totally disagree, they shouldn't stop making the warriors, but update them with something new. Maybe a 4 valve head on the warrior. Change the subframe and suspension a bit. That bike has been relatively unchanged since the early 90's. It's proven to work and there is still a demand for it in the market. A new head and updated tranny with new suspension would make the warrior the perfect trail riding quad.

Old 06-11-2003, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

i used to have a 96 model.if anyone puts you down for having one tell them it dont matter how fast it is or that the suspension sucks ask them if their quad will make it to the year 2030 theirs wont but yours will

Old 06-11-2003, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

A warrior is a great bike and the suspension thing is over blown because nobody ever changes the factory settings. A raptor has 9.1"F and 8.7R, the warrior is 7.9" front and rear. A warrior is set up for a 150lb rider from the factory which I think is still soft for 150lbs. Change the rear spring or adjust up the factory one and it makes a load of improvement.

Quick Reply: Just bought used Warrior, good or bad?