Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Getting another one...which one?

Old 06-17-2003, 12:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting another one...which one?

Well I am 15 yars old soon to be 16...I weight about 140 lbs....i am 5'8......I and riding a honda rancher right now and i wanna sport bike...my dad doesn't totally agree with me getting a sport bike..i mentioned the 400cc range and he said that i can handle it cause i have rode z400's 400ex's and the kfx400...i wanna get maybe the kfx400 in orange when it arrives to the dealers.....so do you think the 400 is to much for me when i have been riding a rancher for 3 and a half years? and what other quads would you recommend?

and can ya tell me some starter mods to get!

if ya got a nice quad send me your pics! FtownPlaya16@yahoo.com

aim: FtownPlaya16

Thanx guys! Tim

Old 06-17-2003, 08:23 PM
Range Rover

nope ........ i had an 300ex ........... and ive been riding for less then 2 years .......... before the ex i had a 400 polaris

now i got a 330R .... badars

get the KFX

Old 06-18-2003, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

The new yfz 450 would be my choice! Slim

Old 06-18-2003, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think the kfx would be to much at all. There real easy to ride and as you've already ridden them i'm sure you know. I would start out with a pipe a bolt on is the easiest and cheapest but if you can afford the full exhaust you'll get more power. I'm thinking about getting a FMF gold series. I don't know a lot about jetting but you'll need to jet it correctly. Their is a complete 440 kit for them and this will give you awesome power and over 40 horsepower. The engine kit I think is around $2000 but I would probably wait awhile before I tried anything like this.

Old 06-19-2003, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with mudslinger. I had to ride a twolf for about 4 years, it was new when i got it, (which was severly beat up when i sold it), but before i had it i had a blaster (i was about 10 yrs old and it was brand new) then a month after i had it it got stolen, thats what forced me to ride the twolf,anyway, after i had the wolf (rode it so hard the silencer fell off!!) , i wanted a sportquad, so i got the 300ex when i was 14, i handled and rode it like i was the one who made it, then a month or l8er, i got a Banshee and sold the wolf for $1000.00, and 4 months after that i got toomeys, tires etc for it and its now bored over about .20 . But what i am saying is that you should definately be able to handle on real well, im 15 now too, and i hit big doubles, table tops and small (about 6/6.5 ft.) free style jumps on it. OK, everyone wake up now, now im getting to the point, Yes you should do great on that as your first sport quad, i love my 300ex as a beginner quad. and when you get used to it, it would be great to put a pipe on it.

Old 06-19-2003, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Alright guys thanks for the help! I really appreciate it! Post so more topics so I can have dad read them so he doesn't think I can't handle it lol! My grades come in tomorrow so wish me luck and hope i have C's and above! :-) Hopefully I get my new KFX!Thanks again and post more replys PLEASE!

Tim-

Old 06-20-2003, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

I love the fealling of getting a new quad. Its exciting as hell. I wish the best of luck for your grades and that you get the kfx.

Old 06-20-2003, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

By the way when did you get out of school we got out in may. Are yall just now getting out of school? Thats gotta suck going that long.

Old 06-20-2003, 01:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Guys! GUESS WHAT!!! I got the grades so now it is just picking the quad...kfx! oRANGE OR GREEN? Oh and twitchell we go out june 9...yeah it sux! well i think saturday day me n dad are goin to look at four hweelers and then we are gonna go to the XC races as usual!GOnna go meet my hot chicks there haha and shove em' in the mud lol...thanx again guys!

give mne more replys!
Tim-

Old 06-20-2003, 03:12 PM
Range Rover

i kinda like the orange kfx but thats just me cause i dont like green [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Getting another one...which one?