ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Sport Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/sport-quads/)
-   -   what can you add to a 250ex to make it faster (https://atvconnection.com/forums/sport-quads/104601-what-can-you-add-250ex-make-faster.html)

ridinsmooth 06-18-2003 05:38 PM

what can you add to a 250ex to make it faster

bigmacktruck 06-18-2003 07:15 PM

one word ..... pipe

hwyTOhell1988 06-18-2003 08:29 PM

pipe,filter/airbox mods,change the tires or gearing,bigger carb,bore kit,eliminate the rev limiter, thats all i can think of that you can do to a 250

ALIENraptor 06-18-2003 08:49 PM

More top speed cant get any more w/o going to the extreme with 23" tires or higher. A good slip-on pipe high flo filter no lid and jettin and you should get sum good gains, and let u rev a little higher which might give you a little more top. To the extreme powroll makes a bore kit with a valve train kit that should give u some good gains.

none4444 06-20-2003 11:58 AM

if ur low on money for all mods avaible, which most people are, the best things to buy for the 250 is ist by these all at once. 1. a good pipe,2.pipe header,3. k&n air filter with a 3in by 4in cut hole in air box for more air flow,4. get a k&n jet kit. if u have a little more money get a cam. this is all a good start package.

zukazillian 06-20-2003 02:59 PM

Down here people often complain about the pipes on the 250EX. They dont do much, just make them louder. I guess it depends on what pipe. The Fat Boy 4 is the BEST 250EX pipe in my opinion. The Megamax II just makes it louder. A buddy of mine has it and it seems softer on bottom end than a stocker. Get a Powroll kit, WEB race cam, K@N power kit, and you should be all set. And yes on the FMF jetting was spot on. THe machine being louder makes it sound like your screaming even when oyure only in 1st gear. However the FMF works well on a 2000 Recon.

prieber14 11-27-2004 06:36 PM

powroll bore kit, yoshi rs-3 full system, k&n filter and jet kit, possibly new clutch and a bigger carb(all of these will make them able to run with stock 300ex's, thats about the fastest ur gonna get a 250ex to go...)

for looks-maxxis irazrs front and back, dura blue wheel spacers, nerfs, cut plastics, painted frame, new grips, graphics (i got mine custom made because my bro works at a t-shirt/decal company)

IF U GET A PIPE, DONT JUST GET A SLIP-ON, WILL ROB UR POWER!

clover 11-27-2004 08:54 PM

Originally posted by: prieber14
powroll bore kit, yoshi rs-3 full system, k&n filter and jet kit, possibly new clutch and a bigger carb(all of these will make them able to run with stock 300ex's, thats about the fastest ur gonna get a 250ex to go...)

for looks-maxxis irazrs front and back, dura blue wheel spacers, nerfs, cut plastics, painted frame, new grips, graphics (i got mine custom made because my bro works at a t-shirt/decal company)

IF U GET A PIPE, DONT JUST GET A SLIP-ON, WILL ROB UR POWER!
I agree, with all this you'd have one sweet quad.

masterbalster200 11-27-2004 09:47 PM

if i was you i would ask for a new quad for christmas or your b-day or just save money to buy a new one

Vunit 11-28-2004 12:41 AM

Your best bet to do without spending a lot of money would be a full exhaust, jet kit, and airfilter with a modded airbox like everyone said. If you want to go all out than i would look into a big bore kit for the 250ex and a aftermarket carb.