Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

03 Raptor Oil filter O-Ring .......Warning...

Old 01-05-2004, 05:47 PM
Too
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Raptor Oil filter O-Ring .......Warning...

I recently took my 03 raptor in for its first service....Got atv home and went riding, everything ok. I then parked and let raptor cool off and checked oil...Tank was full. Went to restart and oil starting pooring out of filter area, tried tightening filter and started and still blowing oil everywhere....I had to go retrieve it by truck,, i had to start it very quickly and ride it into the truck while it was still blowing oil...Upon closer inspection after getting it home, i relized when the dealer changed the filter the old O-ring had stuck to case and now there were two O-rings, which was causing the leak...I drained the case, which still had some oil, and the resevoir tank still had a little in it...I notified the dealer and they said bring it back in and they would refund me for the service and check the atv out...My question to everyone is, do you guys think i hurt the ATV...it never knocked or anything....I did not ride the atv around while it was leaking oil, i did have to ride it into the truck very quick.....New atv and would just like to see what you guys think, and any recommendations on what should be done....Thank you... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]