ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Sport Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/sport-quads/)
-   -   Why do we have all the race forums???? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/sport-quads/137736-why-do-we-have-all-race-forums.html)

carguy07 02-11-2004 10:48 AM

Why do we have all the race forums????

Why does everybody ask who would win a race?? i have to admit that i've done it before, but in a race, there is only one thing a person needs to win, and the person with the most of it, will win......$$$MONEY$$$... the guy with the thicker wallet, wins the race!!

AlkyBurninX 02-11-2004 11:12 AM

You've obviously not race too much. I have a LOT of money in my bike and get beat many times by BETTER RIDERS without a lot of aftermarket parts. In almost every type of racing, (drag being the main exception) good riders outshine expensive parts.

brent87LT1 02-11-2004 11:56 AM

I agree totally w/ Alky. There's several guys @ the local MX track who have 12-20K in their quads whom I lap before the 6 lap moto expires. However, there has been times when a guy will show up w/ a stock Z400 (example) and take first. Go figure!

SirThomas 02-11-2004 06:26 PM

They are correct. I was passing 400ex's on my 250ex out at me local moto-cross track a couple weekends ago because the people who were driving them had absolutely no clue what they were doing. Experience over parts.

carguy07 02-12-2004 10:03 AM

yea guys, i'm talkin about how most ppl ask this question.... "who would win a drag race between a modded _______ or a modded _________." I also know that the better racer will win on mx tracks, that wasn't what i meant by racing, sry.

YoDaddy1 02-13-2004 01:37 AM

Drags aint racin', not real racing anyway. Any goonball with small d*** disease can spend a gazillion dollars on a drag quad. Real fast guy's turn, jump, read terrain, nail whoops, dodge tree's, you name it. Don't get me wrong, I love the drag quads, and I've met a lot of guys on em' who are very cool. But I say, real racing is hare scramble's, mx, gp's, dirt track.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

TellicoGrizz660 02-13-2004 01:43 AM

Originally posted by: carguy07
Why does everybody ask who would win a race?? i have to admit that i've done it before, but in a race, there is only one thing a person needs to win, and the person with the most of it, will win......$$$MONEY$$$... the guy with the thicker wallet, wins the race!!
I wouldnt say so much as to who has the most money, cuz a GOOD rider on a relatively stock machine would really embariss a novice or beginner on a completely modified racer, drag racing is different for sure!!