ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Sport Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/sport-quads/)
-   -   To buy the Banshee or the yzf450..NEED HELP?¿ (https://atvconnection.com/forums/sport-quads/167700-buy-banshee-yzf450-need-help.html)

123svt 08-09-2004 03:24 PM

To buy the Banshee or the yzf450..NEED HELP?¿

How do they compare in all stats? Top speed? handleing? and riding day in and day out? I ride mostly trails, on the ice,and some jumping. If someone could basicly brake down the pros and cons of both, it would be helpful, IM buying a new one win the next week or so....THANMKS GUYS

RYan

CsparksEXrider 08-09-2004 05:14 PM

The YFZ top speed aroung 65-70. But it can be modified. It has better handling and trail riding than a banshee and is 100 times better for jumping. It is made to jump and go fast. The banshee is a fast quad but it is mainly for drag racing. The YFZ is the better choice for almost anything u do, if the choices are those 2. The YFZ does need maintenance because it is a strait out racer but the banshee has moe problems and needs more maintenance because its a 2 stroke. I would consider getting the YFZ when i get a new fourwheeler. You should also look into a z 400 or a 450r. The banshee top speed can be somewhere around 70-75. It has some of the best top speed but that wont do that much good if u need and trail riding good handeling bike with good acceleration.

ridinredODB 08-09-2004 08:15 PM

the banshee doesnt handle too bad and it can be modded to do whatever you want it to. ive heard of a few yfz motors blowing up too, i dont know if its true but any thing can break. the banshee motor is very reliable if you dont abuse the crap out of it.

13inc 08-11-2004 01:26 AM

Like the other guys have said,go with the YFZ.Stock for stock The banshee may or may not beat it top end;And if it will it'll take take long time to get around a YFZ because the Banshee will be playing catch-up right from the start.......

zow 08-11-2004 06:01 PM

ill race any yfz buy the banshee

13inc 08-12-2004 01:47 AM

You have a modded Banshee which will probably beat a stock YFZ in a top end race but, at the MX track or anywhere else you will fail miserably .

SickRider 08-12-2004 02:58 AM

True[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

dunerdogg 08-13-2004 12:18 AM

yeah those yfz's to me are the fastest stock bike out there .... ide take a yfz over a banshee anyday, but ide rather stick with a polaris

treylaxbanshee 08-21-2004 08:04 PM

to tell you the truth, both are great quads. the yfz has proven itself and i think that we can all that the banshee sits up there with the zilla, but really matters, go and sit on both and you will know right away what quad is best for you they both are lacking in some areas. i have ridden both and if you are a little taller then average the decision will be easy when you sit down. I would like to here the out come of this situation

atvaddict01 08-23-2004 09:28 PM

My buddies shee has to be the worst maintained quad ive ever seen and it starts
every time on the 2nd or 3rd kick.Plus the fewer yfzs out and about the less ill lose[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]