Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

WHATS BETTER YAMAHA WARRIOR,KAWASAKI.....

Old 11-16-2004, 07:59 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHATS BETTER YAMAHA WARRIOR,KAWASAKI.....

HI I AM LOOKING FOR AN ATV THAT I CAN AFFORD. I FOUND THREE THAT MIGHT WORK AND I WAS WONDERING WHICH ONE WOULD WORK THE BEST. THERE IS A 1987 YAMAHA WARRIOR FOR 1100 BUCK. THERE IS A KAWASAKI BAYOU 300 1986 FOR 1400 AND A POLARIS TRAIL BOSS OR BLAZER FOR 900 BUCKS. THEY ALL ARE IN GOOD SHAPE. I WOULD LIKE MY ATV TO BE ABLE TO GO THROUGH SOME SNOW A LITTLE MUDD AND MOSTLY TRAIL RIDING AND I DONT' KNOW WHICH ONE WOULD WORK THE BEST? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS

Old 11-16-2004, 10:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

What is the year on the Polaris trailblazer?? If it is fairly new, then it seems to be the best deal.......

A lot of the quads you listed are quite old, and still expensive.

Old 11-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rode a Warrior for years, and absolutely hate the machine.......but, of the machines you mentioned, I would get the Warrior.

Old 11-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!

I personally don't like to label "best" quads, I am not real brand oriented, I just go by what I want. For you, the BEST quad is the one that fits you, has the features you want, and keeps you happy on the trails. Most quads made today are pretty reliable, and there are loads of aftermarket performance parts for all brands. So try them all out, and pick the one that you like most, regardless of the brand or size.

Old 11-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: 95wolv
I personally don't like to label "best" quads, I am not real brand oriented, I just go by what I want. For you, the BEST quad is the one that fits you, has the features you want, and keeps you happy on the trails. Most quads made today are pretty reliable, and there are loads of aftermarket performance parts for all brands. So try them all out, and pick the one that you like most, regardless of the brand or size.
I agree with him.

Old 11-16-2004, 11:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Avoid the trail blazer like the plague. Bring the warrior price down a few hundred to probably 800. Bring the bayou down to about 700. Then make a decision. Otherwise you are paying through the nose for very, very old machines.

Old 11-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

Most of those quads are over priced, dont be fooled talk to him about lowering the price on the warrior like maddog56 said because your gettin riped. I would have to say the quad i would go with is the warrior if you can get that for $900. The bayou 300 is a great quad but at that price you can get a 2001 bayou 220 in great condition. The trail boss and blazer are nice machines and it seems the best out of your deals. But try knocking the price on the warrior and bayou down and take it from there.

Old 11-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

Out of all of them, DON"T GET THE POLARIS! We work on too many of them in our shop. The Polaris's shake soo much that the carb rattles itself to pieces, hahaha. The Warrior is the fastest but the Bayou is tougher. Depends I guess if you want to go fast or not. The Warrior is a sport atv, the Bayou is a utility. Depends on what you are gonna do with it. Both are damn good machines. They are all wayyyy over priced though. Just like what everyone else said, make them a deal. Look up the blue book values on them. They better be like brand new for those prices!! Good luck man. Later!

Old 11-27-2004, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

warrior is probably ur best decision out of them, but definately lower the price a little, because my buddy has a 98 warrior and he has nothing but problems with that thing, of course he doesnt treat it like it should be treated either...they are all nice quads but i would say warrior, u'll be happier with it in the long run

tell us what u picked! would like to hear the outcome