ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Sport Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/sport-quads/)
-   -   z400 vs 400ex vs raptor660 (https://atvconnection.com/forums/sport-quads/180671-z400-vs-400ex-vs-raptor660.html)

ZillaRider87 11-21-2004 08:24 PM

z400 vs 400ex vs raptor660

Originally posted by: yubslow
Not faster than my Z. I have an 05 and with the improvements that Suzuki has made to this model year I can keep up with my buddies Raptor no problem.
lol, unless they turned it into a Z450 or Z500 for 05' i dont think your coming close to rappys in drags.

QuadLT500Racer 11-21-2004 09:29 PM

a raptor wont smoke a z thats for sure, but it will beat it

motox26 11-22-2004 11:53 AM

I own 2 of them and my buddies have 2 raptors so I can say anyway you go you can't go wrong. I would say the ex is lacking in the performance department, but is very reliable, great on trails, very well balanced, and would suit a typical trail rider just fine. But if you want a little more get up and go I would look more into the Z or Raptor. The Z isn't the best at any specific area, but is really good at everything in general. Descent power, well balanced, reliable, and very smooth. The raptor is also a very fun bike to, great power, smooth, IMO a little tipsy but if you are an experienced rider it will not come into play that much and it is a great trail machine to. As far as drags, the ex loses, while the Z is not going to beat the Raptor, but it will stay with it when both are in stock form. But mods on a raptor will pretty much make it dominate in the drag category.

Personally I chose the Z as I like to do all types of riding, track, trail, hill climbing, light tricks, etc. and I feel it was the best quad for ME, but it basically comes down to personal preference and what type of riding you do. Either way you will have fun with all 3! Have fun and tell us what you wind up with.

recon250es 11-22-2004 09:27 PM

No joke i have an 04 z400 and neighbor has an 03 raptor i can beat him every time
in a drag on the trails and keep right up with him on the street no problem.

YFZ660R 11-22-2004 09:43 PM

You're neighboor is probaly a poor rider, becauses a Z can't beat a raptor every time, you can beat them once or twice, but every time, you been smokin pal!

ZillaRider87 11-22-2004 09:46 PM

Originally posted by: QuadLT500Racer
a raptor wont smoke a z thats for sure, but it will beat it
when my 2 buddies raced the Z against Rappy ( on pavement ) in a short maybe 200 feet race,. the rappy was ahead by 6 quad lengths by the finish....

Ozark38 11-22-2004 11:36 PM

Originally posted by: motox26
I would say the ex is lacking in the performance department...................................As far as drags, the ex loses..................................while the Z is not going to beat the Raptor, but it will stay with it when both are in stock form.
Will someone with a Z400 race me and WIN so I can understand what this ^^^ means!
As for Zs keeping up with Raptors I'd have to say no better than a 400EX can which don't happen unless the rider on the Raptor screws up.
I'm not dissing Zs (I like them too) but you guys give it WAY too much credit........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

motox26 11-23-2004 05:01 PM

How is that giving it to much credit, stock for stock, it loses to a raptor, but doesn't get blown away. How is that hard to believe?

Ozark38 11-23-2004 06:40 PM

Dude, the only one that you refered to as "loses" is the 400EX when in all realility the Z isn't much faster than a 400EX but neither one of them can consistantly beat a Raptor. You stated that stock for stock a Z will run with a Raptor but in the same post state that an EX gets blown away. I could be wrong but its just been my experience that thats just not the way it is.

What I mean is;
If you line the three of them up with equal riders the Z and EX will be almost neck to neck where as the Raptor will be kicking both of their a$$es.................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

motox26 11-24-2004 10:21 AM

First of all, when I said the Z will hang with the raptor, I meant it would be with in a couple of lengths in a typical drag. I ride with 2 raptors, both were stock, and when we would drag they would pretty much stay together until 3rd, 4th gear range.

Second, I never said the ex would get blown away. But it definately will not stay with a Z stock for stock. I own both, so there is no biased coming here as I like both of them. I'm not going to get in a debate over this, but in my opinion the Z and raptor are more comparable when it comes to drags than an ex. That is just what I have seen.

But it really doesn't matter, we are getting off topic, basically it is what you feel comfortable on, either way they are all nice bikes.