Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

best quad to jump with ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 04:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what do you guys think is the best quad to jump with ??

Old 06-12-2002, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

I think the best quad for jumping would be the Honda Fourtrax 350 4x4 !!! That tank would fly through the air and bounce you all over the place, it has 2 axles and like maybe 3 inches of shock travel.

Seriously I would say the Cannondale machines are the best jumpers, they have the best shocks. Don't they? I don't really know because I have only riden 1 sport machine in my life, my Z.

Old 06-12-2002, 05:21 PM
efg
Pro Rider

250r,heck yeah. I think they are the all around best jumpers.Because they have good suspension,there extra light, you can really control them good.Why do you think Dana creech has a 250r[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2002, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

I have seen a guy at our track jumping a yam grizzly and he seemed happy!then he landed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I like my mojave but than thats all i have to jump with other that an old atc200s(no rear susp.) that i have only jumped once! than I got up off the ground and swore I wouldn't ever do that again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2002, 05:17 AM
Pro Rider

My old Warrior has pretty good suspension, it is fun to jump. Just a little on the heavy side. My friends like jumping there Raptors. Dont really know, My CR jumps good too.

Old 06-14-2002, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

Banshee, hands down....wait maybe thats nose down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. That seems to be what happens when I jump mine. Man those things are front heavy. Seriously, I love my 250x because I can flick it around in air, but the landing sucks. I don't like 400ex's, can't pinpoint why. All around I would have to go with a aftermarket shocked 250r. With works shocks my banshee does land good if you can keep it level in the air.

Old 06-15-2002, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

I would have to say my friends QuadRunner 250 jumps pretty good for its size but when you land you had better hold on cause it bounces pretty bad

Old 06-15-2002, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

I absolutely LOVE the way my Cannondale jumps. The 250R jump extremely good too, but I still like the Dale in the air more than I do the R (only because I'm used to the feel of the C-dale). I'm a fairly tall guy and my dale feels taller (from pegs to seat) than the R, so the R feels really squatted down and cramped compared to the Dale which I don't really like. But like I said, if I got used to the R and rode it around a lot, I would definitely think it was the better jumper. 400ex's jump good too but they have the same feel as the R.

Old 06-16-2002, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am gonna say c-dale.I have heard nothing but good things from them.

Old 06-18-2002, 05:42 PM
Range Rover

I have to say straight out of the box, bone stock, the baseline cannondale is probably the best jumper. But you are going to pay for it(they come with better stock shocks. A 400ex has got to be number two(light and decent stock shocks). I own a raptor and can tell you first hand that I love to jump it but in stock trim the front shocks absolutely suck. Once you get to a hard packed mx track with moderate sized doubles you will find the limits of the stock raptor suspension pretty quick. On the other hand the raptor does feel reasonably light in the air and it does like to fly level and straight. I just put Elka triple rate fronts and a Elka revalved Stock Raptor rear shock on my raptor. I can sky this thing now! I do some pretty steep leaps even with the stock swing arm and stock A arms in place without coming down with an uglys thud.

Quick Reply: best quad to jump with ??