ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Sport Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/sport-quads/)
-   -   DVX 400 problem?? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/sport-quads/186657-dvx-400-problem.html)

oneoverWRX 01-09-2005 11:06 PM

DVX 400 problem??

I just bought an Artic Cat DVX 400 last friday. I road it a little bit on friday night then some saturday. Today me and a few buddies were going to go ride...I loaded it up and we went to our place...It ran just fine, I backed it off of the trailor road it around for a minute then I shut it off. I had to let some pressure out of my tires. Then I went to get back on it and it wouldn't start at all. We checked the plug and it was fine then we tried to roll start it and it would fire for a couple seconds then fall on its face. Does anyone know what the problem is??? Any help will be great.

Thanks.

LT250RSuperstar 01-10-2005 03:55 PM

DVX 400 problem??

I know this is a stupid question but do you have any fuel in the tank?

oneoverWRX 01-10-2005 07:32 PM

DVX 400 problem??

Yes ... I have checked all the things that I know to check. I took it back to the dealer today and they said they were going to find out whats wrong and they would take care of it.

Lefty31 01-14-2005 09:37 PM

DVX 400 problem??

Sorry to hear that i couldn't tell ya wut happened just figured i've post my sympathy...i've had my DVX for some time and have only had troubles with fenders and bottom of heel guards and my axle needs straightened due to an inncident at the dunes. But on those fenders i've pretty sure you'll have to fix them eventually if you ride hard otherwise you'll be pouring money into replacing them. It's with the little studs that attack to the metal bar to support it and keep it from "flapping". I simply put a big stainless steel bolt through the top and a washer and lock nut on the bottom and it's working so far. I hope this last bit helps you in the future

blindside350 01-14-2005 11:18 PM

DVX 400 problem??

Just check again to see if the gas is on. I've down it so many times on the banshee where i rev it up and it starts dieing and shift down still dies. LOL. I must of done that 5 times our last trip. I'm so stupid

You might have a clogged fuel line or sometimes in the carb. You might want to switch gas or put an in-line filter on it. Cheap insurance

strubby 01-18-2005 12:25 AM

DVX 400 problem??

Originally posted by: blindside350
Just check again to see if the gas is on. I've down it so many times on the banshee where i rev it up and it starts dieing and shift down still dies. LOL. I must of done that 5 times our last trip. I'm so stupid

You might have a clogged fuel line or sometimes in the carb. You might want to switch gas or put an in-line filter on it. Cheap insurance
No worries, I've done it too. I'm used to shutting off the gas whenever we stop because I've always ridden 2 stroke bikes.

Did you find out the prob from the dealership?

oneoverWRX 01-18-2005 06:36 PM

DVX 400 problem??

yes the valves were to tight so they are installing shims