Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Should i buy one

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2000, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a 99 300ex right now and I'm starting to get tired of it. I want to get a new machine I wanna try a 2-stroke so I'm looking at a banshee. I know they're not as good as the 400 but they're faster and have 2-stroke power. I just want hear from some banshee owners about what they think about their machines. I know they have no low-end and a few other problems but aftermarket can fix most of the problems the banshee has. So what do u banshee owners think of your machines??

Old 10-20-2000, 06:40 PM
Trailblazer

i have a 2000 banshee. before i bought this quad i rode an 87 mojave, and was a devout four stroke fan...ie i hated all 2 strokes. now that i have my banshee, i'm not sure i'll ever go back.
the handleing is a bit slow, but it is much more stable at high speed than much of the competition.
i don't find it that difficult for trail riding.
if you keep up the r's it has good power through all the gears. i personally find it much more comfortable to ride than any honda. it may not handle like a 250r, or 400ex, but for my type of riding (trail, gravel pit + limited mx) it works perfectly.
my advice is try and compare before you buy, no matter what you get it's a lot of money.

Old 10-20-2000, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Well I know find my 300ex very hard to use for trail riding because i just put 22" bearclaws on the rear which r way too heavy and i lost 60% of my low end.

Old 10-21-2000, 12:57 AM
Trailblazer

Love my banshee...In fact when I go riding with the guys or alone I take my banshee over my new Raptor. Both are great but I just love the smell, sound, and pull of the two stroke screamer = )

Old 10-21-2000, 05:48 AM
Pro Rider

Grandpa, what was the story with your Raptor's motor?

Old 10-23-2000, 01:33 PM
Range Rover

hello i owened a 98 banshee for almost a year it was stock other than a uni air filter i loved it
i hated haveing no low end but the power was almost worth it and i don t know a banshee ower that don t love to hear the sound of a banshee engine flat out in 6th gear hummm however im gonna have to say if your a woods rider like me you'll end up hateing it look at it this way
when do you have a chance it even get it up to 40 mph in the woods anyway rarely atlest in the places i ride in the dunes i think it would be the perfect quad i never had any real problems
just remember its not going to be cheap as far as pipe's engine mods or repair's im trying to be far both ways here i now owen a 86 250r and with the mods it has on it it has the low end of a 4 stroke and a sweet topend too!
monica with my 2 cent's lol
RIDE RED OR RIDE HOME