Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Renegade......sure ain't no sport quad!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Renegade......ain't no sport quad!

Interesting conversations: http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/490560.cfm

At least the Wolverine is 100 pounds lighter. Still to heavy for my taste.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:02 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Renegade......sure ain't no sport quad!

Originally posted by: reconranger
Interesting conversations: <a href="http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/26/threadid/490560.cfm">http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess....cfm</A> At least the Wolverine is 100 pounds lighter. Still to heavy for my taste.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] you know ya'll wouldnt be happy if you had access to heff's enterage of ladies. what makes ya think your gonna be satisfied with a quad.. Can you not be happy thats its a step in the preffered direction for a particular part of the market?

Old 05-16-2006, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

its a fast, overpriced, overweight tank. sure it will built well, but for $10k, no thanks.
im happy anytime a new bike comes out; but i think the OEMS CAN do better (they are CAN-AM now, eh)
and release a lighter, HP 4x4 as we have already went in circles on in the other forums.
wouldnt that be a good bike and prob a better direction for the industry?

no body makes one, everybody has a heavy@ss 4x4 already. just what we need, another one.

yay.

Old 05-16-2006, 07:29 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

Cowboy-Some concepts just don't make any sense no matter how you twist and turn them, and dangerous, heavy, clumsy quads is one of those. My personal goal is to SHAME THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY INTO DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT! If buyers don't buy them, manufacutrers won't produce them! But, if that's all the market has to offer, then what else does the 4X4 buyer have to choose from? It is a viscious circle: People have nothing else to choose from, so manufacturers think that's what people really want..........

I am trying to effect the market, by pointing out to prospective buyers here in the forum, just how ridiculous these machines are, for the average trail rider! (I'll give you that some folks actually need a big quad for work, hunting, etc., but they are a small minority of the true marketplace.)

Here in the southwest, the biggest buyers of utilities seem to be frail, fat, out of shape, senior citizens. They pick 4X4's, because they know if they get stuck on a 2wd, they are so weak that they could never get it unstuck without 4wd, and TWO winches. These and kids, are the groups most likely to get themselves killed or seriously injured in a rollover of one of these dangerous overweight machines.

And Cowboy, I'll refrain from any Broke Back Mountain jokes, ok!

Old 05-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

I need a big quad.. Im a big boy and I don't feel comfortable on them little toy machines.. I had to raise my handlebars and lower the pegs on my raptor to make it comfortable. I want a bigger machine. and I like a lil more weight for some types of riding. Sure you dont want the weight if your gonna spend the day flyin over jumps but if you wanna keep the machine on the ground the weight helps. Its not that the machines are any more dangerous. Its people riding them lack the skills. Everyone should have to start on a small quad and work their way up to bigger more powerfull ones.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: reconranger

I am trying to effect the market, by pointing out to prospective buyers here in the forum, just how ridiculous these machines are, for the average trail rider! (I'll give you that some folks actually need a big quad for work, hunting, etc., but they are a small minority of the true marketplace.)
!
This is the funniest thing.. you know thw average trail rider should be on a 250ex class machine. YFZ, 450r, r450, raptors, are all ridiculous for the average trail rider.. They shouldn't ride them.. But some people actually need these quads for RACING so the manufacturer's make them.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
!
This is the funniest thing.. you know thw average trail rider should be on a 250ex class machine. YFZ, 450r, r450, raptors, are all ridiculous for the average trail rider.. They shouldn't ride them.[/quote]

This is the most truthfull post in here. Almost every newbie to the sport has a 450 or big bore, IMO if you can't have fun on a average size quad, your just a poser in a popularity contest. Real riders who enjoy the sport can have fun on anything.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 05-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

thats why i like my predator [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboyThis is the funniest thing.. you know thw average trail rider should be on a 250ex class machine. YFZ, 450r, r450, raptors, are all ridiculous for the average trail rider.. They shouldn't ride them.. But some people actually need these quads for RACING so the manufacturer's make them.
No doubt!.........You can have fun on just about ANY quad but you can't get the same mad dose of adrenaline rush on a 250EX
as you can on one of the big bores...................SOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I guess reconranger didnt get enough opportunity to bash this machine in all of the other threads about it, he needed to make another.

Quit whining, this machine is basically bomb's version of a kfx700 with 4wd, which comes in handy when you're moving a 600 pound machine. The kfx is a nice cruiser and the renegade will be even better.

Quick Reply: Renegade......sure ain't no sport quad!