Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Cannodale sport quad

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2000, 04:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about with the new FX400??
Where is't?
It engine still be a 426 or will be more cc's??

Anyone know about it?

Old 11-23-2000, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

I read an article on it somewhere, cannot recall where.. anyways, they said its a good idea but not a good machine, I have no idea if they are right.. but.. they said it was just a bunch of little things like for instance, you have to take all the plastic off to get to the airbox? there is no valve on the gas tank, so when you work on it you either have an empty tank or you make a mess... a bunch of little things like that, I saw a picture and it looked pretty cool... thats about all I know about it, the reviews I have heard were not good, but they also said NOTHING about how the machine rides/handles....

Old 11-27-2000, 04:37 AM
Pro Rider

Reviews? No one has yet tested a version of the machine outside of Cannondale-pre-production or otherwise. I spoke with Cannondale two days ago and they said that a problem with the motocross bike shut down the production line for the bike temporarily but the quad should still see their targeted release date in early spring 2001. The magazines are due to receive early production models for full tests soon again according to Cannondale. There is an update on the machine in the latest issue of Dirt Wheels.

Old 11-27-2000, 11:19 AM
Trailblazer

A guy I hunt with runs a Kawi/C-dale shop here in town, and he's been telling me mid-December for the past few months as a delivery date. With Cannondale's past, I'd expect it about July 2001! As for the quad, he said it's a real screamer. If I remember correctly, he said that it has a bit more ground clearance than a Raptor, about the same dimensions (the FX is about an inch longer than the 660), and shouldn't require more than a set of tires, and the usual pipe/filter setup to race.
The only concerns I had about it was: A.)availability of OEM/aftermarket parts, B.)aluminum frame??, C.)the fuel injection setup.
I'm not that concerned about C b/c I was told that Cannondale has a third party company doing the fuel maps and they will have a handheld tuner(similar to that for OBD-II cars) to modify the factory settings. It's supposed to compensate for altitude and temp, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 11-29-2000, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

i'm sorry if this is a dumb quesyion but is it gonna be 2 or 4 stroke?

Old 11-30-2000, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

i heard a rumor on a dirtbike board that the MX bikes were all recalled to have a new map put in the computer, or something like that. the company had shut down the production line again & had some big engine design consultants come in to help imrove things... once they get it figured out it should be good to go.

the cannondales (all the MX bikes, enduros, & quads) are a 432 cc 4-stroke, EFI engine.

Old 12-05-2000, 05:54 PM
Trailblazer

FWIF, I got this reply from Cannondale this morning:

Subject: FW: FX400 questions

Dear Customer,
Thanks for the interest in the FX 400.We have greatly enlarged the
boot guards to keep feet away from the rear tire. The pipe and silencer will
be FMF and we do have early production of this pipe for our test quads and
prototypes. The rear suspension will be Ohlins and the front shocks and
springs are still being tested. The plastic is larger in the rear and more
shapely over-all. Production will begin early next year.
Thanks

Old 12-06-2000, 07:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

the new dirtwheels has a little write up about the cannondale, it had a test run by Tim Farr, and he told them what needs done so they are still working out bugs but it says a release in early 2001...the front plastic is really weird i didnt like the looks of it, but i guess it will grow on me...peace

Old 12-07-2000, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

Saw the same article.

Old 12-07-2000, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

You're talking about the bike, I guess.
I haven't seen ANYTHING about the quad. I don't care about pics, I want to know how it performs and handles...not seen that yet.

Quick Reply: Cannodale sport quad