Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

which atv should i get

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 09:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which atv should i get. i'm choosing from the honda 400ex, the suzuki lt-400, the yamaha banshee, or the yamaha raptor. money is no object need to know real soon getting atv this weekend.

Old 01-16-2002, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

depends what kind of riding you plan on doing what kind of features you want etc please give more info about what you are looking for and what you plan to do with it and i will try to help

Old 01-16-2002, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

this same topic is in the yamaha section. what should i get. go there we were all talkin about that. wait intill the z comes out.

Old 01-19-2002, 05:41 PM
Trailblazer

i will probaly do mostly trail riding but the trails are very open and i wiant some thing with alot of speed. blaster master hope this helps you narrow it down

Old 01-21-2002, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

if you are going to want speed go with the Raptor or Banshee those two are the two fastest if you are going to do any hill climbing i would go with the raptor cause 4 strokes get better traction (don`t ask me why)
but since you say the trails will be open i would go with the banshee the two stroke will accelrate faster but in tight woods you will have to clutch a Banshee much more to keep it from stalling
and one more thing to look at is if you want reverse obviously you need to go with Raptor
and personally i have already started saving up for a new Banshee
if you have any more ? just let me know i will try to help

Old 02-02-2002, 03:55 AM
Range Rover

wait for the suzuki, it will have reverse plus like 40 hp stock and lighter than a 400ex. just wait and see.

Old 02-02-2002, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

If money is no object, and you mainly trail ride, get a Cannondale Blaze. Supposedly faster than a Banshee and Raptor and it is set up for the woods already, not to mention Cannondale has the best customer service of anyone building quads right now. Oh and you get an aluminum frame, EFI so no more jetting!!!!! and you don't have to worry about the tranny grenading(not that all Raptors did, it's just an issue that wasn't resolved, to my knowledge)

Old 02-03-2002, 08:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

For me it's down to Baja DS650 or LT-Z400.

Well you should see what comes out this spring.

There might be 400-450cc bombardier,500-600cc polaris,500-650cc kawasaki.

Old 02-04-2002, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to see somebody said something about the DS650. If its tight trails your going to be riding the Banshee, Raptor and Cannondale are the way to go even though I ride my DS650 with no problems on tight trails. If its open trails and sand none of the above compair with the DS. Its a stable bike unlike the "tippy" Raptor. The motor is nearly bullet proof and with just a few minor mods it will fly. Don't let the Yamaha guys fool you about the stock speeds of the DS and Raptor, the Raptor gets the holeshot, they are even mid range and the DS has the top end power. So in the long run stock for stock the DS is king. The DS also makes more HP than the Raptor. The big reason the Raptor get the holeshot is all tires. The 2000-2001 DS's had Kendas that have no traction BUT the new DS's have Ohtsu's and they hook up great. I have a Buddy with a stock Raptor and we raced all the time when mine was stock, we ALWAYS had the same results as above BUT when I bought some ITP Holeshots he never beat me again and he's still trying to catch up.