Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Blaster or Warrior, which will i have more fun on?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2000, 10:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay this is how it is, I have a choice, a very very hard choice. I can either go with a Y2K Blaster and buy 1,000 dollars worth of after market peices for it (pipe, silencer, filter, big bore kit, ect. ect.) or get a stock Y2K Warrior and get aftermarket peices once or twice a year (damn, why dont birthdays and christmas come more often?) considering that this will be my only quad for a few years (4 or 5 mabey more) which would I have more fun on? I have rode before, but this is my first quad, so will i have to rebuild the blaster every year or so? also i am about 5'5 and 140 pounds, which will acomodate me better? and which will acomodate me better in the future? (when i am older?)

Old 03-12-2000, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RoKet,
First of all, don't wish for faster birthdays..the day will come when they come way faster than you'd like. Meanwhile you're welcome to some of mine while you wait.
As to your question, that's hard for anyone else to answer for you, The Blaster is a really fun bike & the right size for you now but at 5' 10" or so it might feel a tad cramped & under-powered over 160 lbs or so, depending on your riding style.As for top end rebuilds a lot depends on how hard you ride. Many serious racers do a top end after every race, and many riders go a year or longer with no loss of power or compression.
On the other hand, as a 4 stroke, the Warrior can be ridden quite hard and never require an engine rebuild, but when they do it is more expensive then on a 2 stroke. I ride a somewhat modified Warrior & I'm happy with it's size & handling in it's present state. Of course the addition of aftermarket suspension had much to do with that. Your estimate on costs for upgrades on either ride is somewhat low depending on what you want to accomplish. A pipe, ($200 more or less) shocks,
(I run TCS's. $650), filter, ($30 at least)better tires than Yamaha provides($200)and in the case of the Blaster, improvement to the miserable mechanical brakes they have, I believe is around $400.
If it were my money, I'd look very hard at the 400ex. You won't likely grow out of it, either physically or skill wise. If the 400ex was available in 1997 when I bought my Warrior, I might be riding red now, but I 'm going to wait for some of the new machines that are supposed to come out shortly.

Old 03-12-2000, 09:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

i already looked long and hard at a 400ex but my parents won't spring for that much money, and they are too big for the trails i ride (i have to get to those nice wide fields somhow. What aftermarket items are a good choice for either machine? a big factor would be wheelies and bycling the quad could i do either? could i do them well? and what about the responsiveness of the warrior? is it as snappy as the 2 stroke blaster? could i lighten the warrior up at all to make it accelerate harder? what about gearing? how much would it cost to do so? geez...and to think ill have to do this over again a few years from now when i get my car....

Old 03-15-2000, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

Go Mojave $3,995, CHECK MY REPLY ON YOUR OTHER POST.

I'd like to add that I'm 6'1'' 190 and I feel cramped on it but I also feel more in control being a little oversized for it.

If you choose it, keep in mind I rolled the one I rode in the 80's. I was about your weight then and used to a wider stance. That one had a give & go cornering ability for me then (give it hell & hope it don't go on top of you). If you screw up you'll find it to be unpredictable. It will either lay in and go where you want it to or flip quick. I didn't even see it coming.

If you want the full story to lol at check Kawi & question for Mojave owners.

Had that not happened to me I might have bought one myself bzck then!

Old 08-28-2002, 04:36 PM
Range Rover

i'd go blaster! I'm about 5'11", 165lbs and mine still flies with me on it. yeah you do have rebuilds, but if you don't ride it every day, you could get maybe 3yrs out of a top end. but definetly go 2 stroke.

Old 08-28-2002, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

Did you notice that this post is 2 yrs old??? If RoKet is out there, which did you get and how do you like it??

Old 08-28-2002, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Holy fuggin poo. I just noticed that... Lol... 2 years old? that thing had to be ATLEAST 50 pages back. THat is fudging funny as ****

Old 08-29-2002, 04:48 AM
Pro Rider

RoKet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] how much more are you gonna grow? have a 7' brother? hehe
if not, get a blaster. JMO
just got one, and i love it. parts cheap, and good reliable design, and easy to modify/maintain.
I am 5'7" and 170 and have no problem on the blackblasterd.
and theyre inexpensive too not cheap. you can always trade up later. for a starter, get a late or new blaster. just got mine 03, old body for 2880 otd new. in oregon. see what you can do!
again JMO have fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]