Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Fastest Stock Quad??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 10:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastest Stock Quad??????

I will write this one more time. Atv Action STOCK Hi performance shoot-out top speeds, Yamaha Banshee 77.7 MPH, Raptor 76.9, Ds-650 baja 76.1, cannibal 75.1, 400 ex 66.8 mph. You can Email either dirt wheels or atv action to get the truth on top-speeds.

Old 02-18-2003, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

bubba we will be at atoka this sat you need to come out!

Old 02-19-2003, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

Well the STOCK top speeds you got from that article you keep mentioning are different from the ones i see in the Dirt Wheels article i am holding right here, where they declare the Cannondale the fastest production quad you can buy at 74. Regardless, lets just say our different articles cancel eachothers out and stock vs stock, its pretty close between a Dale, Banshee, DS, etc, and rider, traction, conditions will yield different results.

Old 02-19-2003, 09:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wanting to make it to Atoka this weekend, but I work every other Saturday and this is my weekend to work.It stinks for sure. Found out when the next day is for them to run and let me know if you dont mind.Bubba

Old 02-19-2003, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

Bubba they race teh 2nd weekend of every month.

are you running 8.5's now on alky? thats not bad for a polaris.

Sallisaw has been having big turn outs on quads. thats were i have been hiding out.

hoping to get the DS into the VERY low 7's this year. and the banshee into some 6's. i'll be at centerville some this year. maybe there sunday.

Old 02-19-2003, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

i also want to add that the banshee i was running at centerville had a stock motor on alky and ran a 7.7 at 83MPH.

i dynoed it before i took it there one weekend. its no where close to 70HP. maybe at the crank.

Old 02-19-2003, 10:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I will always have the 2 big things against the Polaris. One is the weight. Me and the quad weighs about 625lbs. The second is the gearing. You can only gear it as high as it will let you and not lose acceleration. It runs out of gear right at 700ft and starts climbing rpms from there. There are some that say you lose 20% or more through the belt drive. According to CPI and their dyno testing, the motor should really be making over 80hp at the crank. The other things just hurt it quite a bit. Your not going to see too many Polaris's that will go ride the dunes all day then go run those times at the strip. Also the fact that I do ALL MY OWN PORTING, ENGINE, AND CLUTCH WORK. I could get the engagement quite a bit higher and tune it for a faster 300ft time, but you lose more driveability. We love to ride at Little Sahara, and it now does exactly what I want it to.

Old 02-19-2003, 10:39 PM
Trailblazer

Old 02-20-2003, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

bubba when are you getting back out to LS? i will be going on spring break. hopefully alot of people will be there that weekend.

was your wife the one that beat me at centerville in a bracket race? i remember talking to some people there but don't remember names. not for sure if we have meet before.

has there been alot of quads showing up there? has wayne been working on his atv track any?

Old 02-20-2003, 10:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah Mike, we were one of the groups that were making the regular Sat. nights there when he started letting us run. That was my wife on the wheeler. Wayne is not expecting to be done with the track until about June. What a bummer! The guys never finished all of the concrete pad around the tower, and he has not been able to build the stairs for the tower yet. He says once they get that done, he should be able to get it finished pretty soon, but with the regular racing and Sat nights kicking up again before long he thinks it will be about then. We wont be able to make it to Sahara until April. I think the second weekend is when we are going, or the weekend before Easter if that's right. Between my wife's schedule and mine we cant come any sooner. Hot Springs will be opening pretty soon and that's only about an hour and fifteen min away. I guess that will have to do for now.Bubba

Quick Reply: Fastest Stock Quad??????