STOLEN This area is for listing STOLEN ATV's, Motorcycles, Boats, Snowmobiles, Toys, ETC:.

What insurance do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 11:21 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Devious6
Mine are covered through USAA - been with them since 1975.
I didn't know they insured quads. What kind of rates do they have?

Old 12-28-2017, 03:34 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I didn't know they insured quads. What kind of rates do they have?
They aren't bad - you could probably get lower rates on a single ATV/vehicle with some of the other companies but we've got all of our insurances bundled with USAA and have since I initially became eligible for their coverage back in 1975 when they only covered military officers. So, I've got 2 homes, 3 cars and 2 ATVs/UTVs covered. Since I've been with them so long, the return I get from their Subscriber Savings Account process each year - and I now qualify for their additional Senior return - is normally well more than the coverage of my ATVs. Their service has always been exceptional for us, as well, so I stick with them.

Old 12-28-2017, 07:12 PM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by Devious6
They aren't bad - you could probably get lower rates on a single ATV/vehicle with some of the other companies but we've got all of our insurances bundled with USAA and have since I initially became eligible for their coverage back in 1975 when they only covered military officers. So, I've got 2 homes, 3 cars and 2 ATVs/UTVs covered. Since I've been with them so long, the return I get from their Subscriber Savings Account process each year - and I now qualify for their additional Senior return - is normally well more than the coverage of my ATVs. Their service has always been exceptional for us, as well, so I stick with them.
Sounds good. I thought I would look into it when that time rolls around next year, but I just took a quick look online and saw that membership is open to former military who have retired or separated from the U.S. military with a discharge type of honorable. That excludes me because my discharge wasn't honorable. I never thought it would affect me getting insurance.

Old 12-28-2017, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Sounds good. I thought I would look into it when that time rolls around next year, but I just took a quick look online and saw that membership is open to former military who have retired or separated from the U.S. military with a discharge type of honorable. That excludes me because my discharge wasn't honorable. I never thought it would affect me getting insurance.
When I started it was only open to officers - or contracted cadets in the Academies or ROTC. Over time, they've expanded to NCOs and then to all service members, former service members or their families. I wasn't aware of the discharge requirement, though. I've been pleased with them for all these years, from car loans to credit cards to auto and home insurance, and ATVs they've been solid.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:40 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

insurance should be free to all those that served both American and Canadian..

Old 06-26-2018, 08:41 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flo insures my ATV.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Specta
Flo insures my ATV.
Yep, mine too. Though it was a couple hundred more expensive when I bought the new rig last year.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:24 PM
Moto Psycho

NADA says my ATV is worth about $3,681 average retail, with the plow and other accessories on it, and $3,575 without the plow on it. If someone stole my ATV and I got $3,575 from the insurance company that I paid $75 a year, I'd be a lot better off than if I didn't have insurance. $3,575 is only $25 shy of enough to pay my premium for 48 years at the current rate. That covers collision and medical and some other stuff too. It's better to have insurance and not need it than need it and not have it.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I pay $25/mo.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:40 PM
Moto Psycho

For 4 times what I'm paying your coverage must be really good.