STOLEN This area is for listing STOLEN ATV's, Motorcycles, Boats, Snowmobiles, Toys, ETC:.

court / sue

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

What does the " stolen" heading mean? If that quad is found to be stolen the police will take it from whoever is in possesion....has the machine been reported stolen?

Old 02-15-2019, 10:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well did you know something was wrong with it? Was it an obvious issue and did you add say anything like "works great" "mechanically sound". What was the issue? Honestly, it sounds like you did know something was wrong with it. You just said well he looked it over and didn't find anything. That sounds sketch on your side. Dishonest people selling things is a huge issue. If you honestly did not know then you are in the clear. If he can prove you did, meaning it was obvious that you covered it up, you are screwed.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 2004pred
Well did you know something was wrong with it? Was it an obvious issue and did you add say anything like "works great" "mechanically sound". What was the issue? Honestly, it sounds like you did know something was wrong with it. You just said well he looked it over and didn't find anything. That sounds sketch on your side. Dishonest people selling things is a huge issue. If you honestly did not know then you are in the clear. If he can prove you did, meaning it was obvious that you covered it up, you are screwed.
After 5 weeks no lawyer will touch this case!

Old 02-15-2019, 11:16 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kymco not sure why people are talking about lawyers in this. It's would be a civil case. No lawyer needed. I do love how people think lawyers need to be involved with everything. The fact of the matter is, it definitely sounds like he knew there was an issue and covered it up. It may not be easy to prove but if the buyer has proof this guy could lose the civil case very easily. And he won't tell us what the issue is that the buyer is claiming.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:06 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lawyers don't "need" to be involved with everything, but President Lincoln was an attorney and he said, the man who represents himself has a fool for a client. I can't argue with that, especially when I had a lawyer and the idiot without one got nothing from me in small claims court.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:37 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

After 5 weeks he does not have a chance.. Maby if he approached you within the first few days or week but any judge would think the same thing.. why did he wait so long and what did he do to it in 5 weeks... What was the issue with the machine

Old 02-16-2019, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Still have not answered why the (stolen) word is in the post! If he sold a stolen machine then he will be in trouble!