ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   Buyer Beware (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/12832-buyer-beware.html)

Danfcarey 06-21-2000 11:57 AM

On 4-25-2000 I purchased a Quad Master from Las Cruces Motor Sports in Las Cruces, New Mexico. I called them and they told me they had only one in stock and it was still in the crate. I ask them how long it would take them to get it ready to go and was told 4 hours. I went to the bank and got a cashiers check and drove over 100 miles to the dealer. I paid them and did all the paper work and went to the service department to see the new Quad, what a disappointment! The ""new in the box" Quad had scratches on every plastic part on the four wheeler. And the front luggage rack was also scratched. The front bumper has paint missing where the tape was pulled off. That didn't leave much that wasn't damaged. I think it had been in the showroom, Where people had sit on and scratch it up. The dealer told me they would replace every piece of plastic on the Quad. Yesterday the dealer called me for about the 3th time about the parts being there and that if I didn't come to the dealership by this Saturday 6-24-2000 they would ship them back to the warehouse and I would be out of luck. The drive to the dealer is over 100 miles one way, and they want me to leave the Quad and come back, thats well over 400 miles total. What did I do wrong here? Why should I drive 400 miles to get what I paid for in the first place? I called Suzuki customer service @714-996-7040 and was told that they would do what they could to get the dealer to handle this matter in a professional manner. Do I think I see a Honda in my future? YEP I do

Tree Farmer 06-21-2000 05:46 PM

I can understand your disappointment.

What would it take to make you happy? What solution would you propose? Maybe the dealer will try to satisfy you if you tell him what you want.

Tree Farmer

r34 06-21-2000 06:11 PM

Dan,
I hate to say this, but I think that when you got there, and saw that it in fact wasn't out of the crate, and that it wasn't in new condition, you should have asked for your money back.
Obviously, honesty is not one of their top priorities, and by them putting a condition on the repairs, says a lot as well.
But, you bought it, and what's done is done.
What I would do, is get the Quad back there as soon as you can, and get it taken care of. After that, never go back.
I am sure that if any warrantee work is required in the future, that you could go to a different dealer.
The Quadmaster itself, is a quality piece of machinery, you made the right decission in purchasing one, and I'm sure that you will get years of good service out of it.
Good Luck, and don't let them scew you over.

snowshark 06-21-2000 08:12 PM

This is a trend that has spread to almost every industry. Many companies say they have GREAT customer service, when in reality, they don't give a rats a$$ once the sale is final.

The guy I ride with purchased a new 400EX from a local Honda dealership, well it was missing one of the hard rubber end caps. He stopped back by a couple of weeks later & talked with the same salesman about getting a replacement. The Salesman told my friend, you must have lost it, that it was on the quad.

Needless to say my buddy purchased the part but not from that dealer!

Danfcarey 06-22-2000 01:16 PM

What do I want? I want the dealer to replace the plastic when I have the time to drive to the dealership! Is that asking too much?

b(250rman) 06-22-2000 02:26 PM

not ma week after we bought our 97 300ex we lost the end cap to tool box and the tool pouch our dealer gave us new cap and tool pouch free of charge. I am thinking maybe beacause my dad has bought new atv's their since the early 80's

Tree Farmer 06-23-2000 12:57 AM

I certainly wouldn't suggest you ask too much, Danfcarey. I only thought perhaps you could make an appointment and obtain the dealer's agreement to perform your service at that time, minimizing your inconvenience. Good luck, and I hope you resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

Tree Farmer

ridzhard 06-23-2000 10:49 AM

Another thing for all of us to consider is this. The best quad made may not be the best quad for someone whose local dealer has poor customer service and poor parts department. Need warrenty work? Sure, just drop off the machine. Need oil filter? Gotta order it, be here in a couple of weeks. Poor dealerships can often make a great event(getting a new machine) a frustrating experience. I was at a place where the service dept. was drag racing and doing burnouts with 2 brand new ds650's. How about the poor guy who gets one of those?

Danfcarey 06-26-2000 06:23 PM

Just a little update. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against Las Cruces Motorsports. Will keep you informed.

peterjf50 06-28-2000 05:03 PM

I feel that my company Las Cruces Motorsports has been dealt an unfair hand on this forum and would like to post our side of the story, as they say there are two sides to everything.

1) The Quad-Master was in the crate the morning Mr. Cary called me and we built it that morning - If you have ever worked somewhere that received boxes via large truck you know that damage happens

2) We wrote down all the damaged pieces and ordered them through Suzuki

3) When the parts came in we called Mr. Cary and left message's telling him the parts qwere in and we needed to make an appointmnet to install them on the unit

4) Suzuki company policy tells us that if the parts are not installed within 60 days of selling the unit they are no longer considered warranty and the dealership or the customer would have to pay fo the parts.

5) Since Mr. Cary bought his Quad on 4-16-00 and had not returned our calls over the course of 2 months to schedule an appointment to fix his poblems the last phone call did include a time limit due to the restraints placed on the dealership by the manufacturer